Category Manager, Retail Categories
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Entertainment has an immediate opening for the position of Category Manager, Retail Categories (Food & Beverage Professional) reporting to the Director, Retail Categories. Success in this hands-on position requires a strong food service and project management background with a passion for guest service and an ability to work both tactically and strategically. Your experience and attention to detail will be challenged with large scale accountabilities and attention to the smallest detail.
As a member of the Revenue Management team, this position will work cross-functionally with the Cineplex Operations, Training, Purchasing, Construction, and IT Teams, plus positively represent the organization in dealings with key external suppliers. The successful candidate will be a role model of the Company’s Values, abide by the Cineplex Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and facilitate organizational relationships internally and externally.
What You Will Be Doing
- The Category Manager is responsible for developing and implementing category strategies to support the current and multi-year Cineplex Entertainment F&B business plan.
- Maintain an on call knowledge of category performance from a national, regional and store perspective.
- Oversee the development and achievement of related financial objectives.
- Maintain up to date project timelines and budget positions.
- Build strong vendor relations and partnerships for the mutual interest of both parties.
- Support regional efforts including guest service, cast engagement and safety, training and development.
- Demonstrate, encourage and recognize the adherence to organizational values and attention to the agreed upon internal service standards and code of conduct.
- Develop, administrate, and leverage cross-functional relationships with external and internal partners.
- Oversee strategic and day-to-day development of the assigned categories in support of company objectives.
- Identify business/sales opportunities inside and out of assigned categories.
- Lead innovation activities, including new menu, product, and process development for assigned categories.
- Prepare field ready programs and new product launches (objectives, sourcing, contracts, marketing, packaging, and logistics).
- Work with Operations Team as needed to deploy initiatives and programs into theatres.
- Engage stakeholders through regular communication and theatre tours to resolve operational concerns.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders, designers, architects, and trades to continuously improve and update physical category-specific areas.
- Jointly develop category business plans with cross functional teams that are consistent with consumer expectations and overall corporate direction.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to develop programs and performance measures in support of driving sales and brand promises.
- Lead quarterly evaluations of business categories, understand segment/category trends, monitor and report results to targets.
- Identify opportunity gaps through statistical analysis and on-site visits.
- Oversee vendor relationships and interactions, and collaborate on partner programs, procurement, and logistics.
What You Need
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a multi-unit role in the food/restaurant or entertainment environment.
- Experience in Brand or Category management, menu development, or leading brand development projects.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Hospitality, Culinary or Marketing.
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A flexible schedule that could occasionally include evenings and weekends and holidays.
- A desire for continual learning.
Who You Are
- Team orientated, friendly & outgoing.
- Attention to detail, organized and able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities.
- Excellent communication skills.
What Sets You Apart
- Passionate about food and beverage industry.
- Experience working in food service and food & beverage industry.
- Proven experience with vender management and procurement.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please