- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain millions of guests every year, Cineplex is so much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room) and new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking.
We are looking for a self-motivated Manager to drive the development and implementation of internal and external-facing corporate, B2B and marketing communications activities for Cineplex and its ecosystem of businesses.
The successful candidate will be eager to tackle the challenge with passion, as they will be responsible for an exciting portfolio of work that includes press and influencer engagement (proactive & reactive), campaign development and execution, media monitoring, coverage tracking and measurement. They will also oversee the development of communications materials like press releases, employee communications, web copy, internal and external presentations and corporate positioning statements.
Reporting directly into the Communications and Investor Relations team, this role requires a high degree of collaboration and communication with teams across the Cineplex ecosystem including Content, Social Media and Marketing. The successful candidate is a confident professional who is comfortable working with senior management and thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment. They naturally build relationships both internally across the company and externally with media, partners and vendors in support of team deliverables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with researching and writing corporate communications materials including press releases, advisories, employee communications, key messages and presentations
- Engage and interact with media and social influencers on behalf of Cineplex and its brands
- Oversee daily media monitoring and create targeted outreach lists and pitch key story ideas to regional, national and trade reporters across Canada
- Lead media outreach for Cineplex’s B2B businesses (Cineplex Media, Player One Amusement Group and Cineplex Digital Media) and communications related to film exhibition, The Rec Room and Playdium
- Responsible for leveraging and profiling marketing initiatives externally and internally across the Cineplex ecosystem
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop, implement and execute effective employee communication strategies, messages and deliverables
- Research, write and edit all employee communications that reflect Cineplex’s values, mission statement and strategic objectives
- Support internal initiatives that build employee culture and excitement around our brands, core and diversified businesses, and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Play an active role in exploring innovative new ways to reach and engage employees through new communications channels, strategies and benchmarking
- Provide additional support in the broader area of investor relations, social media and content as required
- A desire to be a part of a fun and high performing team at a highly diversified company
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in corporate communications or public relations, including employee communications
- University or post-secondary education in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field
- Exceptional communications and writing ability
- Strong understanding and grasp on news and social media and what makes a compelling, well-crafted business, entertainment, gaming, consumer lifestyle or community/local story
- Excellent judgement and strategic thinking, including the ability to identify and analyze issues and opportunities
- Demonstrated track record in delivering results in media relations, corporate and employee communications and ability to interact effectively with senior management
- Creative, professional, self-motivated and constantly looking to implement best practices in all areas of the communications field
- Strong relationship builder who is a fast learner and able to think quickly on their feet
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high personal standards to continue to build upon the team’s reputation of delivering highly responsive, quality and strategic results
- Effective project management skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Ability to track and measure program effectiveness across multiple channels
- Fully proficient in English (reading, writing and speaking); bilingual in French an asset
- Related agency experience an asset
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please