Manager, Cyber Security
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive, and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Chief Digital and Technology Office is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
The position of Manager, Cyber Security will report directly into the Director, Cyber Security.
The Cyber Security Manager (CS Manager) must have a strong background in Cyber security (CS) with a clear understanding of the challenges of the cyber security ecosystem. The CS Manager requires excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks. To build understanding and awareness of security issues throughout the organization, the CS Manager must have excellent communication and presentation skills. The CS Manager also needs to have great team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals.
More specifically, the daily standard operating procedures include:
- Keep technology stakeholders informed of changes to their platforms that may impact regular operations
- Creating and managing security strategies
- Oversee cyber security audits, whether performed by organization or by third-party people
- Manage security team members and all other cyber security people
- Provide training to cyber security team members during onboarding
- Evaluate department budget and costs associated with technological training
- Assess current technology architecture for vulnerabilities, weaknesses and for possible upgrades or improvement
- Implement and oversee technological upgrades, improvements, and major changes to the Cyber security environment
- Serve as a focal point of contact for the Cyber security team and the organization
- Manage and configure physical security, disaster recovery and data backup systems
- Communicate cyber security goals and new programs effectively with other department managers within the organization
- Communicate in an effective manner
- Escalate appropriately and timely when a situation threatens the current state.
- Triaging effectively to determine business impact and sense of urgency around a security incident - providing prompt attention to incidents with the highest impact to the business
- Prompt response to support active incidents.
- Always analyzing current/ongoing incidents, to isolate improvements to knowledge base, business processes, training, and application features.
- University / College education in IT security, Cyber security, or a related field.
- Master’s degree in IT Security, Cyber security or related field is considered an asset.
- Professional accreditation in IT Security, Cyber security or related certifications considered an asset.
- 7+ Years of experience in a relevant role
- Proven track record in working with internal and external team members while meeting tight timelines
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be able to aide ongoing projects in conjunction with daily operations
- Must be self motivated and be able to manage assigned tasks within the team
- Must have the ability to methodically troubleshoot technical security issues
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have flexibility with respect to working hours
- Ability to travel may be required
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please