Category Manager, Buyer (IT)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Purchasing and Supply Management department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking a Category Manager, Buyer (IT), reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
What You Will Be Doing
Supply Management Strategy
- To develop, manage and implement Sourcing Strategies and Supply Management initiatives related to all technology spend (hardware, software and professional services) category.
- Operates as an SME (subject matter expert) on product categories, product lines, vendors, and market pricing.
- Leading sourcing (RFIs, RFPs, RFQs) leveraging Scout RFP eSourcing tool.
- Understand marketplace to evaluate alternative vendors, to ensure maximum value to Cineplex.
- Negotiate, draft, administer and manage a broad range of contracts.
- Deliver on ad hoc business analysis requirements and the development of vendor metrics that enable optimal vendor negotiations.
Budgeting & Spend
- Provide inputs to budgeting and planning for technology related spending.
- Maintain a register of all key technology vendors, track spends and renewals with each vendor and provide quarterly categorized and summarized spend reports.
- Identify opportunities and propose measures for cost-saving in the use of all technology assets.
- Manage license compliance for Software, including True-Ups.
- Coordinate license renewals or other purchases.
- Liaise with business owners of software, hardware, systems, and services to understand their business drivers and requirements
- Develop vendor scorecards, regular meetings with vendors, to measure success and identify possible areas for improvement.
- Coordinate monthly/quarterly/annual reviews with vendor representatives to review performance and update Vendor Scorecard. Report on performance, activity and value provided by global vendors.
What You Need
- 3-5 years related experience in Procurement services.
- 2-3 years related experience in Technology Category Procurement.
- Experience in eSourcing (RFP, RFQ) tools and Peoplesoft ERP is an asset.
- Experience contract drafting.
- Suitable, demonstrable experience in all aspects of Category Management -particularly in Technology Sourcing and Supply Management.
Who You Are
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of leading practices in procurement and strategic sourcing as well as operational models for shared services programs.
- Excellent knowledge of end-to-end supply management processes including competitive bidding, contract management, supplier performance management, and life-cycle costing processes.
- Solid working experience large complex data sets, organize and synthesize to tell a story and help leadership team make informed decisions.
- Technically excellent and can demonstrate strict attention to detail.
What Sets You Apart
- Able to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Pro-active self-starter with desire to thrive in challenging environment.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please