Senior Tax Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive, and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
Cineplex has an immediate opening for the position of Senior Tax Analyst. Reporting to the Executive Director, Taxation & Treasury, this position will be based out of our head office located at 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3.
The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for the preparation of detailed quarterly and annual tax provisions for Canada and its international subsidiaries, prepare and record tax installments, ensure compliance within a corporate tax filing including preparation of country-by-country reporting and play an active role in sales and income tax audits. Assist with treasury entries and bank reconciliations where possible.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Manage sales and income tax audits (federal/provincial) and prepare/gather requested information and supporting documentation
- Responsible for preparing detailed quarterly and annual income tax accounting provision schedules and book to provision adjustments
- Prepare information requirements, working papers and other compliance as required for the delivery of corporate income tax returns
- File and arrange for timely payment according to deadlines of federal and provincial income taxes and follow-up on all tax payments
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal controls and process improvements along with documentation for tax functions
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary business degree with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 2+ years of relevant tax work experience in public accounting or industry.
- Completion of CICA In-depth Course I and II preferred
- Experience with US federal, state & local tax would be considered an asset
- Experience in Canadian tax compliance with knowledge of commodity tax and corporate income tax accounting
- Knowledge of business processes, specifically sales and purchases and legal entity financial reporting
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system and Taxprep would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially excel with demonstrated modeling skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Agency Calls Please