Senior Manager, Projects (14-month contract)
- 100 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5C 2W1, Canada
SCENE®, the entertainment rewards program launched by Scotiabank and Cineplex Entertainment in 2007, is free to join. With more than eight million members across Canada, SCENE enables members to earn and redeem points for movies, concessions, digital movies and restaurants. Members can accelerate their earning power with the SCENE® ScotiaCard®* debit card and SCENE® VISA* card. For more information about the SCENE program visit www.scene.ca.
SCENE currently has an opportunity for a Senior Manager, Projects to play a key role to work cross functionally with business, marketing and technology teams to drive the management, scope and implementation of key initiatives. This position will be reporting to the Executive Director, Operations & Analytics, SCENE LP and will be based out of our SCENE LP office located at 100 Yonge Street in Toronto, ON. Please note: this is a 14-month maternity leave contract.
You will be required to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements, work collaboratively to manage work flow and project team activities, track, document and communicate project progress and changes and manage all requirements accordingly to realize objectives for each of the stakeholders. The PM ensures projects are completed on time and on budget
You know how to be entrepreneurial in a corporate setting, and how to lead internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve complex objectives.
This is your opportunity to become part of Canada’s premiere entertainment loyalty program and to bring your passion to our dynamic and growing team.
- Work with Owners, Business Partners, Business Sponsor/Lead(s), Technology partners, Stakeholder groups, and project team members, to initiate workstreams by supporting the development of project plans, status reporting, interdependencies, governance, objectives, success criteria, benefits management approach, scope, requirements, outlining costs, defining resource requirements, timelines and other related program tasks.
- Support the definition of project scope, objectives and deliverables, business requirements documents, budget proposals and technical specifications documents.
- Strong ability to balance multiple complex projects at the same time.
- Lead the planning and implementation of a project and coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives, plan and schedule. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Organize and facilitate/lead regular meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other agile project-related meetings.
- Establish clear ownership and accountabilities for project tasks; ensure that team members have the tools needed and provide timely feedback.
- Help internal cross-functional teams make informed decisions about programs underway. Coach and mentor your teams as you work toward a common goal and negotiate deliverables and milestones whenever necessary.
- Coach and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Risk and Issue Management:
- Identify, define, assess, rank and describe the process of how project risks will be addressed and/or mitigated, assigning accountability for the ongoing monitoring of any perceived risks that may impact the project team’s ability to successfully deliver the project.
- Identify, prioritize, address and monitor project issues as they arise throughout the project life-cycle.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet business requirements and stakeholder objectives.
- Proactively identify potential project roadblocks and define mitigation solutions
- Oversee the creation of Functional and Non-functional requirements to ensure alignment with the Business Case and Project Charter / Vision Statement.
- Document all scope changes via the established change management processes.
- Analyze results and troubleshoot technical, budgetary and/or business process issues when the need arises and escalating appropriately as needed. Develop contingency plans as needed.
- Calibrate work progress, status and participate in the negotiation and influence business partners to ensure alignment of initiatives and individual deliverables across dependent initiatives.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to business owners and sponsors. Present reports defining project progress, requirements documentations, problems and solutions.
- Build comprehensive test plans and able to facilitate testing across key stakeholders.
- Strong ability to manage projects post implementation including measurement of key objectives, troubleshooting, optimization, road mapping and P&L oversight.
- Develop with business owners, SOPs, best practices, lessons learned and training for internal and external stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Provide guidance and leadership throughout the project life-cycle, including input into performance development plans.
- Drive collaborative culture recognition, awareness and adoption by fostering highly collaborative and effective working relationships based on trust; improving collaboration across divisions.
- Partner with senior leadership, understand the strategic importance of initiatives demonstrating a strong customer focus.
- Demonstrate acceptance of responsibility for individual and team performance, a strong sense of ownership and drive for results
- 5+ years’ experience in Project Management
- Advanced skills required in; Planning/organizing, Strategic Planning, Delegation
- Intermediate skills required in Analytics, Project Management software
- Proven experience in the following would be an asset
- Loyalty program operations
- Digital strategy & development, including Website & app development
- Salesforce Marketing cloud
- Complex integration projects with technical & business integration
- Strong project management skills, Project Management Professional (PMP) designation an asset
- Collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to work with cross-functional teams at all levels
- Ongoing program management of select projects post implementation including; overall program oversight, reporting and analysis
- Excel at understanding complex technical information and translating it into relevant business terms and concepts
- Provide leadership by exhibiting confidence in self and others; effectively influencing actions and opinions of others
- Experience working within an Agile development methodologies as asset
- Accept feedback from others; give appropriate recognition to others.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please