Human Resources Manager
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the role of Human Resources (HR) Manager, reporting to the Executive Director, Human Resources.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing strategic advice and proactive support to our business partners to advance business strategies, leadership, and culture initiatives at Cineplex. This position will support the assigned business/functional groups by translating business needs into integrated Human Resources solutions to fully leverage people management, employee capabilities and organizational development. The HR Manager will give people managers and their team the tools and support they need to deliver exceptional experiences to our guest and employees.
The HR Manager in conjunction with the HR Centres of Excellence (COEs) will provide value added advice and counsel in all areas of Human Resources including performance management, rewards and recognition, recruitment and retention, talent management, succession planning, employee relations and diversity and inclusion.
This role focuses on being a business partner, organizational effectiveness enabler, people collaborator and culture champion.
- Builds relationships with business leaders and people managers to establish credibility as a trusted advisor to influence and support key strategic and operational decisions.
- Understands market trends, business models and business strategy, and translates those requirements to organizational and talent-related requirements through the development of strategic workforce plans.
- Understands broader organizational connectivity. Maintains and leverages external perspectives, bringing forth competitive intelligence and best practices.
- Partners with business leaders and people managers in planning and overseeing organizational and staffing changes based on business conditions or resulting from mergers, acquisitions, and reductions in force.
- Leverages people analytics for deeper solutions in order to drive business decisions.
Talent Management and Development
- Keeps succession and talent planning, talent and career development and performance management processes and results aligned with the organization’s goals.
- Increases buy-in and capabilities of business leaders and people managers within the business to apply these practices to build bench strength and ensure a qualified and ready talent and succession pipelines.
- Facilitates development and execution of talent strategy with business groups and in partnership with key HR COE’s.
- Identifies emerging talent issues before they impact the business though analysis of data and analytics and business strategic needs, both short and long term.
Organization Design & Effectiveness
- Lead organizational design/operating model work within the assigned business group.
- Understands the operating model for business groups and the broader organization and can assess impact of any changes on existing talent.
- Proactively consults, recommends and evaluates critical metrics to improve/enhance the performance of business groups and measures the impact and results.
Culture Stewardship & Change Management
- Anticipates and develops a plan that addresses needs and supports and drives leadership and business groups to embrace organizational changes.
- Oversees change management plans that drive scale, impact and adoption across the business group in support of major projects and initiatives, taking into account the organization’s current state and readiness for change.
- Applies a continuous improvement mentality and challenges the status quo to increase efficiency and effectiveness of execution.
- Partners with HR COE teams to provide seamless HR operations and strategic support to the organization.
- Lead and/or participate in assigned business supporting and/or HR specific projects.
- Proactively address employee relations issues by coaching on how to investigate and address situations in adherence with the law and policies and practices at Cineplex.
- Conduct exit interviews for all full-time salaried employees who voluntarily resign and identify themes and trends for HR COEs to assess and address if needed.
- Provide effective coaching, counseling and progressive disciplinary strategies on all employee relations issues, up to and including terminations.
- Partner with people managers on high risk/complex written communications/discipline to be administered ensuring consistency amongst business groups.
- 5-7 years’ HR Business Partner/HR Generalist experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or HR certification preferred. CHRP/CHRL designation an asset
- Possesses strong business acumen, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of relevant provincial employment standards and legislation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a busy multi-location environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with extreme professionalism and discretion
- Sound judgment and have the ability to work within all levels of the company
- Excellent customer service, understands a "hands on approach" to providing HR support
- Confident and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Is technically savvy
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please