Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting (1 Year Contract)
- 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Finance department currently has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Reporting (1 Year Contract). This position will report directly to the Director, Corporate Reporting.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be:
- Lead contributor to accounting policy research and implementation for new accounting pronouncements issued by the International Accounting Standards Board, determining the applicability of the new standards to Cineplex and quantifying their impact on Cineplex’s financial results and disclosure.
- Assist with the quarterly and annual preparation of Cineplex’s statutory reporting documents, including consolidated financial statements, management’s discussion and analysis, press releases, and other associated documents.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Providing business support.
- Ownership of consolidation accounting, including preparation of purchase price allocation entries for new business acquisitions and ongoing consolidation accounting across the consolidated Cineplex entity.
- Key member of Cineplex’s business integration team, serving as a liaison for Finance with other departments as new offices and businesses are integrated into Cineplex’s reporting structure.
- Bachelor of business administration or commerce.
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting knowledge and research skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- 4+ years experience in a public accounting firm.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft and/or WDesk software would be an asset
Interested candidates please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please