Accounts Receivable Specialist (1 Year Contract)
- 137 Northfield Drive West, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Cineplex Digital Media, is currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Specialist reporting directly to the Manager of Accounting. This position will be based at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) division at 137 Northfield Dr. W, Waterloo ON.
This position is externally focused and has the sole responsibility over customer payments including to data entry, making physical cheque deposits at the bank, investigating and collecting customer accounts that are in arrears. The position is responsible for identifying and working with all customer accounts which includes both corporate and franchisee stakeholders. The role is expected to contact the customer, identify the reasons for non-payment and work with the customer to get their account paid in full as soon as possible. Completion of a weekly and monthly status/progress report is also expected for our management team.
- Responsible for entering customer deposits against correct customer accounts. This includes both cheque deposits and credit card.
- Responsible for making cheque deposits at the bank during working hours.
- Responsibly over accuracy of customer account balances ensuring payments go to proper customers.
- Handles credit card charges for Chase and Moneris.
- Assists in the customer set up process related to credit card payments. To offer credit card payment option to customers whenever possible, gather their customer information to start the automatic credit card process.
- Collection of customer accounts where outstanding invoices are aged over 60 days. This includes contacting customers/franchisees (by email and/or phone), providing customer statements, requesting or providing necessary information with the goal of collecting on unpaid invoices.
- Help guide customer inquiries to the appropriate internal contact for resolution of any issues/disputes.
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and assists in the reconciliation of their accounts.
- Conducts research as required to locate contact information for customers when company information is out of date or incomplete (For example payment remittances with no invoice breakdown).
- Community College diploma with courses in business, accounting.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficient using MS Office, especially Excel and ability to learn and become proficient in new accounting and ERP software such as Peoplesoft
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, accuracy and ability to consistently follow process and procedures
- Though knowledge of CDM Finance policies applicable to the role
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills required to gather information from external customers and to relay information to internal colleagues/departments to resolve invoicing issues with customer accounts
- Ability to work effectively to deadlines
- Well-developed tact, diplomacy and persuasion skills when dealing with customers whose accounts are in arrears. Ability to walk the fine between politeness and firmness to get the payment and to sell them on the credit card payment option
Interested candidates please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please