Executive Director, Finance & Administration
- 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location-based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media) and amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group). Additionally, Cineplex operates location-based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks. To lean more visit winwithp1ag.com
Player One Amusement Group, a part of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership, has an immediate opening for the position of Executive Director, Finance & Administration. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Finance, this position will be based out of our Player One Amusement Group office located at 6420 Viscount Road, Mississauga, ON, L4V 1H3. Please note: this is a 14-month maternity leave contract from May 2020 to July 2021.
What you will be doing:
- Provide oversight to the accounting, finance and analytics functions.
- Serve as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team to deliver on key organizational initiatives and to ensure achievement of its financial targets.
- Develop and maintain sound financial/accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Liaison with Cineplex Entertainment (parent) Finance, Treasury, Taxation, Risk Management and Planning teams.
- Facilitate and oversee any auditing conducted by third parties.
- Support the business unit and senior management by providing financial analysis with insightful output that drives sound decision making.
- Work with Senior Leadership Team to continually enhance the breadth and depth of reporting on key operating metrics.
- Develop financial budgets and forecasts for the company that are consistent with the corporate objectives and are prepared in accordance with the Cineplex Entertainment budget/forecast process.
- Drive company-wide operational efficiencies through a continuous improvement program.
- Develop and review/approve internal business cases.
- On an ongoing basis, assess all lines of business in terms of profitability and long-term strategic fit.
- Monitor legislation, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to financial reporting and operations.
- Identify and analyze information to give early warning of potential problems and recommend corrective action.
What you need:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a senior financial position.
- Professional accounting designation - CA, CMA, CPA or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Demonstrated skill in developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Experience in change management, contracting and negotiating
- Strong project-management skills and business acumen
Who You Are:
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Significant decision-making capability
- Professional written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Consistent ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
What Sets You Apart:
- Previous experience working in a subsidiary of a public company would be beneficial.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or related ERP Solution
- Experience with Prophix budgeting solution
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please