Senior Network Engineer
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Information Technology department of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership has an immediate opening for the position of Senior Network Engineer. Reporting to the Manager of the Network and Infrastructure team, this position will be based out of our Cineplex head office located at 1303 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Area 1 - Local/Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) Designing and administration:
- Responsible for Corporate Network and security (Firewall) design and operation.
- Design Networks Monitoring solution to provide real time report.
- Deal with external vendors to resolve problems.
- Ensure/Participate with the installation and configuration of Networking Hardware complies with corporate standards.
- Ensure up-to-date LAN/WAN documentation outlining all procedures and relevant configurations for recovery, administration and troubleshooting purposes are available.
- Ensure that all changes to the network environment are being maintained.
Area 2 - Firewall/VPN/Proxy Design and Administration:
- Design on hardware and VM/cloud firewall functionality.
- Able to use different tools to manage and monitor the Internet connection for security and traffic utilization.
Area 3 – Remote Connection Planning & Design:
- Ensure logs are being reviewed for potential security breaches.
- Ensure documentation for connection to devices is available.
- University / College education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- High level of Experience with Fortinet/Cisco/Brocade/Citrix NetScaler.
- CCNA, CCNP and NSE certification.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud solutions (Azure/AWS).
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Visio.
- Expert at using Network monitoring tools (SolarWinds).
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware specification.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create efficient reliable network design and documentation for design and planning of network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter who can work independently but comfortable working in a team environment as well.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent communication skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Must have flexibility with respect to working hours. This position is on call 7/24 to handle emergency situations.
- Experience with Customer Service Environment and ability to operate appropriately.
- Experience working in a busy environment and managing work priorities.
Interested applicants are requested to submit an updated copy of their resume along with a link to their online portfolio.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please