Bilingual Social Media Manager (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Content & Interactive department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Bilingual Social Media Manager (12-month contract) reporting to the Sr. Editor, Digital Content.
The Bilingual Social Media Manager reports to the Senior Editor, Digital Content and works with the broader Content team to plan, develop and distribute engaging entertainment content across the French social channels in order to meet defined marketing goals. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of social media best practices to develop both organic (and some paid) content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. The Bilingual Social Media Manager must also have an in-depth understanding of Quebec culture and film to help generate ideas for social media content and see them through to publication. This role requires a creative thinker who is process-driven and can manage a high volume of assets to deliver projects on a deadline.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write, curate and post original French social assets by collaborating with the content editors, creative services and freelancers to develop engaging, on-brand content that aligns with our digital content marketing strategy.
- Plan the Cineplex French social media content calendar by working with the Senior Editor, Digital Content and social media team to manage the cadence for the French social channels.
- Execute, monitor and optimize the performance of French social ads on behalf of the content marketing team and partners, building and using custom audiences when required.
- Monitor trends and social feedback to engage with our social community and drive positive fan engagement and conversation.
- Collaborate with the Customer Insights team to review social analytics, assess content performance and set future objectives.
- Leverage Sprinkr to schedule and tag posts to ensure accurate monthly reporting and as a listening tool to inform future planning.
- 5+ years working as a social media manager for French/Quebec-based channels for both paid and organic content.
- 4+ years working in editorial or media, marketing and/or an agency environment.
- 4+ years working with social media content management systems such as Sprinklr.
- 3+ years of experience with branded content programs with a demonstrated knowledge of Content Marketing as a key practice.
- Post-secondary education with a degree in marketing, social journalism, writing and/or marketing.
- Fluent in both English and French, with excellent writing skills in both languages.
- Up-to-date knowledge of social media best practices and trends.
- Experience with building ad sets using custom audiences in Facebook Ads Manager.
- In-depth understanding of social media metrics, establishing benchmarks and identifying KPIs.
- In-depth understanding of Quebec arts and culture.
- Basic video and/or photo editing skills are an asset.
- Passion for French and English movies and other types of entertainment
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please