Senior Manager, Amusement and Attractions
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Senior Manager, Amusement & Attractions is a support role for exiting location based entertainment locations and new location openings. This role will require approximately 40% travel and will be based out of Home Office. The senior manager will be involved in the roll out and training for new location openings, monitoring the KPI’s and standards in existing amusement operations, and the development and improvement of our offerings.
- Existing Venue Operations:
- Ensure gaming initiatives, such as leagues and promotions, are executed accordingly to drive financial performance while keeping costs in line
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers, including pricing and delivery.
- Maintain effective communications to locations to ensure flawless execution of new initiatives and/or changes in SOPs
- Determine and manage follow-up schedule for venue inspections according to internal and external (regulatory bodies) requirements
- Become a subject matter expert on location card reader technology
- Follow up on outstanding support tickets with attractions or card reader technology
- New Build Operations:
- Be involved in the setup and preparation of new locations including game & merchandise selection, delivery, setup and preparation
- Be involved in training of attractions and POS software impacting the amusement and merchandising side of Operations
- Assist in creation of standard operating procedures
- Manage and maintain the redemption stores across all venues (Existing and New)
- Source new products for our merchandise stores & manage the supplier relationship with P1AG
- Create planograms for more effective merchandising coupled with rotational schedules to change product offerings
- 5-7 years of management experience in operations and or retail. Experience in the gaming industry is preferred
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays, as required
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with all relevant legislation
- Excellent communication, and a customer service background
- Experience with monitoring and controlling inventory
- Experience with negotiating with suppliers and placing orders
- Familiarity with point of sale systems will be considered an asset
- Experience managing multiple projects is an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please