Graphic Designer - Cineplex Digital Media
- 369 York St, London, ON N6A 4G1, Canada
About Cineplex: Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership located at 369 York Street, Suite 2C, London is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our growing creative team in designing and developing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials, reporting directly to the Art Director, Cineplex Digital Media.
You have a bold, clean, detail-orientated sense of design with at least two years of experience in a design/production environment. You are comfortable with all stages of design — from concept to production. You are an expert at InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, resourceful and organized. You’re a self-starter but capable of being a team player. You’re able to learn fast and are committed to always hitting the deadline.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and aiding the development of print and digital merchandising solutions and creative content for some of North America’s leading brands within the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
- Work closely with Senior Designers and Art Directors in ensuring that assigned creative meets business objectives.
- Large scale production and repurposing of existing print and digital collateral/point of sale material for in-store/exterior merchandising applications.
- Development and maintenance of print/digital menu board materials.
- Ensure consistency in quality of output and adhere to brand standards.
- Development of InDesign PDF documentation for approval processes and proposals.
- Competent photo-editing and photo-manipulation skills (food and beverage photography)
- Expected to articulate design decisions and rationale professionally
- Submit daily time sheet detailing work execution.
- University / College education in Design, Marketing or a related field
- 2 years’ experience in a design capacity within a Marketing or Advertising environment
- Thorough knowledge of the Adobe CC desktop apps, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat for Mac OS.
- Comfortable using Adobe After Effects with a solid understanding of motion design principles.
- Knowledgeable of post-production workflows and file formats.
- Proven design skills, including an understanding of composition, colour theory and typography.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and be able to multi-task several jobs.
- Very collaborative, great at sharing ideas and accepting constructive criticism.
- Able to work traditional and occasionally non-traditional hours.
Nice to have:
- Demonstrated ability to assemble documentation/creative proposals.
- Print pre-press experience.
- UI/UX background.
- Responsive Design background.
- Ability to illustrate and sketch.
- Excellent public-speaking skills.
- Experience designing Quick Service Restaurant marketing materials.
Interested applicants are requested to submit an updated copy of their resume along with a link to their online portfolio.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please