Director, Loyalty (9-month contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex is currently recruiting for the position of Director, Loyalty, reporting to the VP, Loyalty, Insights & Guest Experience for a 9-month contract.
The Director, Loyalty has full day-to-day responsibility for the Loyalty function at Cineplex, setting the strategic and functional direction for the team, managing and working very closely with key internal and external partners, building collaborative relationships across the organization, and developing and mentoring the team. In addition to overseeing the execution of our loyalty marketing and analytics requirements, this role includes leading the strategy development and identifying opportunity areas for business growth across our organization enabled by our guest understanding and engagement.
This role also includes the development, manifestation and continued evolution of our automated marketing journeys, which are currently delivering significant incremental revenue to our business annually and growing. This role manages annual budgets for both Loyalty Marketing and Loyalty Points.
Goals and Objectives
As the Director, Loyalty, the candidate will be the Loyalty and CRM expert for the organization. This requires collaborating with business units to inform and develop their guest communication strategies, specifically as it relates to 1:1 and Loyalty communications, while also working closely with our digital enablement team to ensure that our data and customer management platforms are optimized to enable timely and meaningful guest experiences. The focus is split between the near term and longer term, delivering on our current strategy while developing and articulating our future roadmap. The successful candidate needs to champion the customer and ensure that we are nurturing and protecting the relationships we have with all our guests.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the development and actioning of integrated, best-in-class, loyalty lifecycle marketing communications strategies across multiple lines of business that provides relevant, timely, and response-driving messaging to deliver program incrementality.
- Leading the Cineplex loyalty data strategy roadmap including identifying, developing and evolving essential data technologies to unlock and leverage loyalty member data to drive deeper insights, value, and data-informed decision making including historical and predictive models.
- Integrating all of our customer data sources with our loyalty marketing channels to develop strategies that support Cineplex’s diversification strategy and drive ecosystem growth.
- Identifying and delivering key insights into our guest behaviour to unlock additional opportunities to enhance our customer engagement.
- Collaborating with our Digital Products and Data Science team to lead the evolution of our Unified Customer Profile, which is required for us to enable our future guest engagement vision.
- Being the organizational loyalty marketing and data expert on cross-functional projects and in our strategic planning processes, including ensuring that we have the required processes and functionality to manage guest privacy and preference requirements.
- Effectively and efficiently collaborating with leading loyalty and marketing partners to ensure that Cineplex delivers best-in-class customer experiences through our communications and loyalty engagement.
- Coaching and developing a team of 2 Specialists focused on Loyalty Marketing and Analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree with advanced certification or MBA in marketing, statistics or economics preferred
- Track record of demonstrated success (5+ years) of leading loyalty or other customer engagement programs
- Deep understanding of loyalty and customer communication strategies, designed to improve member engagement and retention
- Familiarity with common loyalty frameworks, such as RFM and CLV modeling, with a passion for identifying new customer opportunities through data analysis
- Experience building and evolving automated marketing journeys, designed to deepen customer engagement and drive increased frequency and / or spend.
- Experience leading, mentoring and managing high performing teams
- Collaborative and supportive attitude, focused on building effective and positive cross-organizational partnerships
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please