VIP Back of House Manager - Cineplex Cinemas Oakville and VIP
- 3531 Wyecroft Rd, Oakville, ON L6L 0B7, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex VIP Cinemas is changing the movie-going experience in an exciting and innovative manner. Featuring licensed lounges, luxurious reserved seats, and great food, Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers guests an exceptional service experience in an adults-only environment. Our well-stocked bar offers cocktails, martinis, beer and wine selections. Our diverse menu includes popular selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. The wide variety of VIP food and drink contribute to Cineplex’s ranking as one of the top 15 food and beverage providers in Canada.
As a rapidly expanding area of Cineplex’s business, the Cineplex VIP Cinemas offers exciting food and beverage career opportunities for energetic, experienced individuals who are looking for growth and development in the food and beverage industry.
Right now Cineplex is looking for a dynamic:
Back of House (BOH) VIP Experience Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Leading, training, supporting, coaching, motivating and managing a dedicated team of BOH employees to ensure that each VIP Guest enjoys an exceptional food and beverage experience
- Maintaining a positive, professional outlook while fostering good working relationships with BOH, FOH, and regional teams, colleagues and managers
- Taking ownership of the Guest’s experience by ensuring consistency, quality and presentation of all food products through training, coaching and supervision of cooks, a deep attention to detail and a commitment to food excellence
- Managing all food inventory and stock levels
- Overseeing hiring and reviewing staffing levels for all kitchen staff positions
- Working diligently with cooks to control food costs, and portion size, and ensuring every dish is prepared and presented according to Cineplex’s standards, including those related to food safety, food preparation, timing, cleanliness, and health and safety
- Hosting regular staff meetings and workshops to inform, educate and coach team members, providing a forum for team to share their expertise
- Managing stress in an fast-paced, high-pressured environment
- Solving problems and resolving conflict proactively through analysis, critical thinking and flexibility in approach
- Adapting to change and identifying opportunities to improve BOH execution
What you need to become a successful member of this Team?
- A passion for hospitality in a fast-paced service environment.
- Attention for detail and commitment to food service excellence.
- Ability to initiate innovative and creative sales and food service activities.
- Safe food handling and smart serve certification is preferential.
- A flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ideal candidates would possess a college or culinary degree.
- A minimum of 2 years previous management experience in a bar, licensed restaurant, or similar environment is a requirement.
- Good Communication Skills - The BOH Manager is friendly, has strong communication skills, and can establish a strong working relationship with those that they are working with in order to achieve a common goal.
- Outgoing Personality - The BOH Manager is an outgoing person who truly enjoys interacting with others.
- Strong Organizational Skills – The BOH Manager will have the responsibility of ordering food for all food outlets, and will be required to keep this order organized on a weekly basis.
- Computer Literacy – The ability to use a computer for various tasks on a daily basis is required.
- BOH Operational Skills – Ability to properly count and weigh various stock, and determine order amounts for the building.
- Business Acumen – The BOH Manager must have the ability to interpret financial and other data and communicate business results.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.