Director, Digital Products
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented, team-focused leader to join the Cineplex Digital Products team as Director, Digital Product where you will be an integral contributor in defining and executing on a product vision that will take the current Cineplex Digital Portfolio to the next level.
In this new role, you will manage our initiatives across a multi-platform/multi line of business footprint, and innovate to drive impactful, creative and best-in-class guest experiences. The right candidate will have passion for digital, a track record of driving a complex product customer facing product strategy, strong leadership skills, and an entrepreneurial customer focused mindset.
- Evolve the Cineplex Digital Products portfolio, leading a team of 4-6 product managers and their squads, balancing quality, business impact and excellence in Guest experience
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Exhibition, Amusement & Leisure, and Media businesses, ensuring alignment, buy in, communication, and understanding of the business priorities
- Oversee the integrated Product roadmap, aligning new builds, features, and optimization across web, mobile, living room, and IoT devices.
- Support the prioritization of effort and backlogs against business outcomes and key value streams, coaching the team in a data driven and analytical approach
- Champion and support the delivery of product, collaborating with the Delivery team
- Oversee a strong and passionate team of product managers, fostering strong working relationships and driving best in class processes and practices
- Continuously monitor and evaluate workload and team efficiency, ensuring a supportive and motivational work environment for all team members
- Balance business, technical, architectural and user experience needs through negotiation and navigation across an evolving organizational structure, including sourcing input from various stakeholders and lines of business
- 5+ years of consumer digital product management experience required, preferably with multi-platform ecosystem applications and services
- 3+ years working with analytics, dashboards/business insights, and conversion funnels
- 3+ years as a people leader, managing multiple product managers and agile in an Agile product development environment
- Experience with managing vendors and/or developing partnerships with third party/outsourcing companies on product development
- Excellent organizational, statistical, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking with a track record of delivery
- Entrepreneurial mindset, startup experience will be valued
- Inherent passion about the intersection of consumer behavior, technology trends, and media
Desired Personal Profile:
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about web applications and digital content
- Good natured, sociable, creative, and diligent individual who is driven, detail-oriented, and dedicated
- Individual should be passionate about all things Entertainment!
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please