Project Manager (Portfolio Manager) - Contract to January 2021
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Our company is changing the way we think about entertaining Canadians across the country - from theatre exhibition to great food and gaming offerings, we are bringing new and exciting experiences to our guests every day. The Experience Design & Creative team is at the forefront of these changes and we are not only making great creative, we’re telling compelling stories and creating experiences that our guests interact with every day. We are also everywhere across the ecosystem - from branding to video to digital.
We are an award-winning team looking for a Project Manager (Portfolio Manager) – someone who understands studio processes intimately, is passionate about their work and gets excited about bringing creative projects to life, while providing creative partnership across our lines of business. Please note: this is a contract opportunity to January 2021.
In this role, you’ll manage creative projects across a multi-platform/multi-business organization, and drive results through process and innovative project management discipline. The right candidate will have a passion for digital and creative, a track record of delivering on complex projects, strong interpersonal skills, and an entrepreneurial, customer-focused mindset.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop processes, calendars, and communications to manage cross-functional teams throughout the organization to execute creative projects
- Lead project status meetings and keep the team aligned and on track to achieving goals and outlining next steps
- Calendar/meeting scheduling with the creative and production teams weekly and any meetings needed to facilitate projects ie. kickoff, internal review, approval and post-mortem meetings
- Responsible for successful delivery of project assets to correct stakeholders
- Champion internal systems for higher productivity across project operations
- Document, learn and support all aspects of a project lifecycle: scope, schedule, budget, quality, and internal communication
- Gather and interpret project requirements to assign creative resources in the most efficient manner
- Monitor day-to-day project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of under/over-utilization and actively work with team members to address and solve those issues
- Run weekly resource meetings and facilitate resourcing issues across the creative and production teams
- Maintain a usable and well-communicated schedule that identifies when each task will be performed, dependencies between tasks, and who will perform each task
- Evaluate best team makeup for creative and production projects
- Proactively builds on a pre-existing network of contacts
- Help to prepare materials for creative presentations
- Manage communication around shifting priorities with key stakeholders. Keeping project status reports up to date
- Track and manage talent database, manage freelance and contract worker relationships
- Protect the creative and production team members from interference so they remain focused
- Has a deep understanding of needs, skill-sets and bandwidth across all assigned portfolios
- Demonstrate an ability to provide intel and answer high-level questions about what people are working on and where/why they have time, ensure that the perceived workload of the group aligns with the data being reported
- You have 3+ years of direct project management/ portfolio manager experience
- A 3-4 year educational background in Marketing, Business or similar
- You have worked with creative teams and launched exciting projects that you're very proud of
- Must be comfortable with an ever-changing, dynamic workload
- Comfortable in a team-oriented environment, and able to support big picture team and brand goals Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines
- Great power of persuasion and presentation (Keynote, PowerPoint)
DESIRED PERSONAL PROFILE!
- “Roll-up your sleeves” attitude to get things done
- Agency experience
- Passionate and intimately knowledgeable about web applications and digital content
- Good natured, sociable, creative, and diligent individual who is driven, detail-oriented, and dedicated
- Able to take feedback from managers and apply to role as needed
- Comfortable in a team oriented environment, and able to support big picture team and brand goals
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please