QA Specialist, Data Science & Analytics (6 Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Analytics & Data Science team is currently recruiting for the position of QA Specialist, Data Science & Analytics reporting to the Director, Data & Analytics. Please note: this is a 6 month contract opportunity.
The selected candidate will work with the Analytics & Data Science team as a QA Specialist for a wide variety of products that the team develops. Working closely with several members of the team with roles such as reporting developers, data engineers, and production managers, the primary role of the QA Specialist is to monitor the quality of our analytical products all the way through development cycles, and after deployment. The expectation is to thoroughly assess products, identify key issues, and ideally provide well documented bug reporting and insights on methods of overcoming them. In some scenarios, it may be a required to produce written training materials for new products that get released to end-users.
- Perform quality assurance efforts on multiple application releases, monitor and document testing activities
- Power BI Reporting
- Power Apps
- Data Engineering Products
- Determine if acceptance criteria for project tickets are satisfied before deployment to business
- Create written documentation and procedures for application testing and compliance
- Debug test environments, automate sprints, and develop testing scenarios
- Strong oral and written communication skills for explaining quality improvement plans, and producing relevant training materials to outline product operation processes
- Team Oriented - Works well with various team members with a wide variety of role types
- Tech savvy individual / Ability to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Proven knowledge of SQL, DAX languages
- R/Python knowledge and other MS related technologies is an asset
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please