Senior Marketing Manager, Groups & Events
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Marketing department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Marketing Manager, Groups & Events, reporting to the Executive Director, Marketing & Brand Management of Amusement & Leisure.
The Senior Marketing Manager, Groups & Events will focus on the diversification portfolio of Location Based Entertainment while managing the One Cineplex portfolio. The role will be a key contributor to our growing Groups & Events (G&E) business and will partner with our Exhibition, Playdium, The Rec Room, and One Cineplex brands.
It’s an exciting role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who has hospitality and business event marketing experience, and who can still think strategically amidst all of the daily tactics that have to get done. You’ll work with and support G&E Leadership and Sales Teams in the development of marketing strategies and tactics that drive awareness, and consideration to lead conversion and tools for relationship management of all of our entertainment destinations as business meeting destinations - for conferences, meetings, group events and more. There will be a mix of business to business (B2B) and business to consumer (B2C) marketing involved with this role.
- Support Groups & Events with the development of a business meetings and group bookings marketing strategy to leverage Cineplex’s entertainment destination portfolio including: Cineplex theatres, The Rec Room, Playdium, and future brands, such as Top Golf.
- Lead the marketing strategy from planning to execution for both Corporate and Social Guests including:
- Media support – work with media partners to develop the ideal plan targeting both targets
- Creative support – develop assets, campaigns, media (owned & paid), collateral, and tools in order to drive awareness through to conversion (sale), and repeat event commitments.
- Manage tradeshow and multiplier events from evaluation and recommendation to negotiation, activities and activation including collateral.
- Work with marketing colleagues and leaders of the business to understand opportunities to extend reach beyond G&E marketing spend; i.e. leveraging in location assets, PR, sponsorships, and partnerships.
- Partner with the business leader to develop future opportunities, in expanding offers and products across the Cineplex ecosystem; i.e. birthday parties, growing the Pre-Paid Products G&E portfolio, etc.
- Work with the Brand Marketing leaders and G&E Leadership and Sales Teams, to create location and brand-specific campaigns, promotions, social media and print collateral that support business targets.
- Work with the insights team to develop customer personas or profiles to enable relevant and targeted marketing.
- Evaluate current marketing initiatives, channels, and materials to ensure we are speaking to the right audience, at the right time, in the right place, and with the right tone.
- Develop and manage a marketing budget, and optimize media spends for efficiencies.
- Deploy a B2B content marketing strategy, including LinkedIn, to support awareness and other marketing goals.
- Manage the Groups & Events web presence by directing appropriate teams on what needs to be done.
- Identify industry public relations and outreach opportunities to augment the marketing strategy.
- Work with an in-house creative team to develop marketing communication collateral.
- Participate in and support tradeshows and client events as needed.
- Support strategic planning by leading customer and competitor research and exploring market trends that may lead to changes in sales approaches and identify potential areas of differentiation and opportunity.
- Perform other duties as needed to meet business needs.
- At least 6+ years of Marketing experience
- At least 3 years in B2B and B2C marketing and/or sales in the hospitality industry, with specific experience marketing both traditional and unique event spaces for business meetings.
- Proven experience leveraging customer and competitive insights to develop a marketing plan.
- Experience briefing and evaluating creative against marketing strategy
- Understanding and use of the marketing funnel and lead generation tactics.
- Experience blending digital and traditional tactics in reaching targeted audiences.
- Experience directing the marketing content on a website and other digital properties.
- Proven experience delivering impactful marketing campaigns that meet KPIs
- Appreciation of brand power and how it can integrate through sales and marketing plans.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related program is an asset.
- Great relationship manager with external and internal partners.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and conventional wisdom.
- Ability to prioritize among many competing requests and initiatives.
- Ability to manage and operate at the strategic and tactical levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Confident presentation skills at all levels of the organization, including the ability to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please