Senior Tax Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Treasury department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opening for a Senior Tax Analyst reporting directly to the Executive Director, Taxation and Treasury.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Prepare information requirements, working papers and other compliance items as required for the delivery of both Canadian and US corporate income tax returns and related information returns
- Responsible for preparing detailed quarterly and annual income tax accounting provision schedules and book to provision adjustments
- Manage sales and income tax audits (federal/provincial) and prepare/gather requested information and supporting documentation
- Prepare tax memos to support and document tax transactions, and assistance in tax modelling and other tax related calculations
- Provide tax advice to business units, such as legal and finance departments, including research and analysis related to tax planning and restructuring transactions
- Provide assistance for Treasury initiatives including financing, cash management, and other special projects as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary business degree with Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 2+ years of relevant tax work experience in public accounting or industry.
- Experience with US federal, state & local tax would be considered an asset
- Completion of CICA In-depth Course I and II preferred
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system would be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet reporting deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly with Excel
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please