Hourly Venue Administrator - The Rec Room Seasons of Tuxedo
- Lot 5 – 696 Sterling Lyon Pkwy, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s expanding from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Venue Administrator – The Rec Room Seasons of Tuxedo, reporting to the General Manager. This position will be based at The Rec Room Seasons of Tuxedo, Lot 5 – 696 Sterling Lyon Pkwy, Winnipeg, MB, R3P 1J9.
Your role is to provide administrative support to ensure the operations of the Rec Room. This role will give you the opportunity to observe and contribute to the full cycle of venue operations in an administrative capacity.
- Support personnel administration including the inputting of new hires, creation of swipe cards and organizing files as required.
- Assist with venue paperwork and filing, orientation materials and communication.
- Assist management in dealing with inquiries, and seeking appropriate solutions.
- Collaborate with other venue staff and management to ensure that venue needs are properly attended to in a timely manner.
- Support inventory management of venue supplies and administrative tools.
- Oversee the management and routing of customer questions and phone calls related to the venue.
- Attend required meetings while taking, consolidating and distributing minutes.
- Receive and record guests' reservations and assign tables.
- Attend to customer complaints satisfactorily.
- Report any suspicious packages or parcels to management without delay.
- Support the location with cash administration as required.
- In addition to 2-3 years’ experience in a professional or commercial environment in an administrative role, you will possess:
- Commitment to a team approach.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Has a general sense of urgency and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to foster strong client relationships.
- Highly organized.
- Strong Microsoft office skills required.
- Extended hours as required.
- Extended time sitting while using a computer.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please