Technical Business Analyst - Cinema and Loyalty Systems
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here and we want it to start with you!
The Digital & Technology department has an immediate opening for the position of Technical Business Analyst – Cinema and Loyalty Systems, reporting directly to the Sr Manager, Cinema and Loyalty Systems. This opportunity is located at our Home Office at 1303 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario.
The successful candidate will work closely with internal Business Stakeholders, IT Resources, and 3rd Party software vendors (primarily but not limited to Vista Entertainment Solutions) to be a technical and business subject matter expert on various components of a suite of software programs that provide ticketing, loyalty, and other solutions for Cineplex Entertainment. They will learn intimate details of the business and existing technical features / capabilities of software - to bring forward solutions which enhance / satisfy existing and emerging business needs. They will work to define and implement new software features and solutions, with emphasis on automation and ongoing modernization. They will have a balance of technical and business analysis capabilities, using effective communication skills both oral and written to provide solutions of high value to internal (Cineplex) and external customers (our Guests).
Key Responsibilities Include:
Technical Business Analysis:
- Understand existing software systems / settings thoroughly and how changes impact outcomes, keeping in mind reliability is the most important feature.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to thoroughly understand business requirements, and how they fit or conflict with other areas of the business.
- Partner with internal resources and external vendor clients to thoroughly understand existing and new software modules / features.
- Document business requirements and see them through to accurate software solutions.
- Document software bugs and see them through to efficient / correct resolution.
- Provide prompt responses to stakeholder questions.
- Keep quick wins and smaller initiatives moving – always delivering some progress while larger projects may be taking time to complete.
- Report projects status to project manager(s) / stakeholder(s) on a defined interval.
- Explain technical details in either a technical or non-technical manner - or a mix, depending on the audience.
- Use technical tools such as SQL to query database tables, update database settings, etc.
- Maintain / author functional test scripts and execute them for software upgrade release cycles.
- Understand that support is our most important priority that is shared with other support personnel.
- Prompt response to support threads.
- Triaging effectively to determine business impact and sense of urgency.
- Effective problem investigation that leads to issue resolution. Gather evidence from logs, UX reports, app data, etc.
- Effective management of internal and vendor support tickets including presentation of evidence in a coherent useful format.
- Reduce support load by appropriate hand-off to business owners, and authoring and maintaining KB articles for support staff.
- Escalate appropriately and timely when a situation threatens business operations and/or Guest experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in business and/or computer related course of study, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in relevant role(s) - business and / or technical.
- Experience with relational databases, web services, SQL, Cloud computing,
- application logging.
- Experience writing business requirements / User Stories.
- Experience writing and executing test scripts, knowledge of test automation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess strong customer service, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PPT, Visio, Project, Azure DevOps, Teams).
- Exercise effective meeting management and verbal presentation skills.
- Be a communicator who takes pride in ensuring the message is always received and understood.
- Possess listening skills and attention to detail required to resolve issues.
- Be able to methodically troubleshoot challenging technical issues.
- Excel in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Focus on detail.
- Enjoy solving challenging technical and business problems.
- Manage multiple priorities with sometimes limited resources simultaneously.
- Be a technologist, a self-starter and fast learner who loves and can pick up new technologies with ease.
- Be able to produce consistent quality results within limited timelines.
- Some on-call support may be required.
- Some off-hours work may be required
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please