- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Purchasing and Supply Management department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking an Inventory Management and Purchasing Specialist, reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Sourcing.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Put a formal Asset management/inventory discipline in place and drive the right behavior to CDM and collective third-party relationships.
- Ensure successful transition of Inventory records from NetSuite to PeopleSoft
- Utilize both internal& external Asset management systems to track equipment and align our inventory processes to industry standards.
- Establish an optimal process for making forecasting decisions, Implement and set up feedback mechanisms.
- Ensure optimal management of the CDM vendor contracts and commercial parts of the vendor relationship. Other responsibilities include managing and improving vendor performance, monitoring and mitigating vendor risks.
- Use assessment and industry data to track vendor management operations and success. Responsibilities include managing and improving vendor performance, monitoring and mitigating vendor risks.
- Continue to process purchase orders, provide regular updates to project teams on status of deliveries, backorders etc. and expedite orders as required, ensure purchase order receipts are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with shipping and receiving as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Membership and or designation in relevant procurement related associations (i.e. PMAC; SCMP) preferred
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong sourcing and negotiation skills; ability to influence the organization; relationship builder
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking & planning skills
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to lead small teams and manage change within organization
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; demonstrated data analysis capability
- Project management skills; PMP designation an asset
- Superior organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Clear understanding of relevant category supply base
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
- 4+ years related experience in Asset & Inventory Management
- 3+ years related experience in Procurement services
- Experience in the media and entertainment, food and beverage, digital media industry would be considered assets
- Relevant experience in a large consulting firm would be considered an asset
- Strategic sourcing training and experience
- Negotiations and contracting training and experience
- Supplier development/monitoring experience
- Risk management experience
- Project management experience
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please