Senior Reporting Analyst, Theatre Operations
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Exhibition division is currently recruiting for a Sr. Reporting Analyst, Theatre Operations. This is an exciting opportunity based in Toronto and reporting directly to the Executive Director, Theatre Operations. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in analytics, operational strategy and exceptional execution of key operational initiatives in the Theatre Exhibition, Retail, or Hospitality sector.
As a key member of the Theatre Operations Team, this position will work closely with the with the Home Office, Regional Operations and theatre management teams. Requiring strong analytic, insight driven, metrics tracking expertise, this role designs, gathers, and distributes wide-raging analysis, providing stakeholders insights and recommendations to drive decision-making across the unit. The Theatre Operations Team is committed to maximizing operational effectiveness, the guest experience and revenue generation through seamless execution and impactful innovation with engaged and accountable team members.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies new opportunities and makes recommendations to improve profitability through revenue management or cost efficiencies
- Drives continuous improvement across the enterprise through the creation, adoption and evangelism of automation tools and streamlined processes.
- Prepare and present analysis required to support strategic plans and initiatives utilizing financial and non-financial metrics.
- Develop and maintain regular reporting ranging from departmental updates to enterprise-wide analysis and initiatives.
- Maintains and improves Vista Cinema pricing architecture, including the creation and maintenance of promotions, discounts, coupons and seasonal price adjustments within Vista Home Office.
- Develops an in-depth knowledge of both home office and theatre operating systems to support on-going operations and new program development
- Compile company, competitive and industry information to identify and analyze trends to mitigate threats and capitalize on opportunities
- Conduct regular business review meetings with both the Theatre Operations department as well as other business units throughout the enterprise to provide updates, recommendations and take part in collaborative working sessions to align with company goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Passion for Movies and People!
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Economics or related field
- Financial designation (i.e. CPA, CFA) and/or MBA an asset
- 5+ years of working experience in an analyst/reporting role
- Theatre Exhibition, Retail or related field an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to run financial models and “tell the story” from looking at the data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge in the use of databases, data analysis/query tools and proficiency in Excel
- Hands-on experience with creating dashboards and reports on Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools
- Bilingual English and French an asset
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please