Amusement Electronic Technician Manager - The Rec Room Brentwood
- 4567 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 3Z6, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept features a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games including luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There is an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also features a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room offers an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage includes impressive digital displays and serves as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room integrates a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that enhances all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Amusement Technician Manager – The Rec Room Brentwood, reporting to the Amusement Manager. This position will be based at The Rec Room Brentwood located at 4567 Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby, BC V5C 3Z6.
The Amusement Technician Manager will conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics to ensure that The Rec Room gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Games Technician Manager is responsible for the ongoing preventive and corrective work orders on mechanical, electrical and other installed arcade and gaming systems, equipment, and other components when work orders are presented. He/she is required to perform service and repairs on gaming machines in a timely manner. He/she is accountable for planning, performing, and executing the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming equipment.
- Assist in the repair of gaming equipment.
- Repair and research parts and possible solutions to issues with gaming equipment.
- Participate in preventative maintenance program for gaming machines.
- Perform necessary maintenance changes on gaming systems.
- Provide occasional guidance to the primary function of others, including training.
- Install supports, software and working ability of gaming equipment.
- Monitor the use and maintenance of gaming machines.
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate gaming systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for repairs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance diagnostics.
- Complete repairs to equipment, and all other services that the machine requires.
- Follow prescribed timelines and routes to service all locations in timely manner.
- Maintain, operate, and repair gaming systems and associated equipment.
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and due diligence efforts, reporting on as found conditions impacting customer satisfaction and operations.
- Respond effectively to all issues.
- Operate all assigned equipment and systems in the most energy efficient manner.
- Perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices.
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken.
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in related field preferably in a management capacity.
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs.
- Experience diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation.
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable.
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required.
- Attend periodic training seminars.
- Perform additional job duties as requested.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, professional and energetic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, pipes and materials.
- Extended hours as required.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required i.e. hard-hat, safety boots.
- Hazards associated with the industry.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please