Jr. Construction Project Manager (18-24 Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Purchasing, Supply Management and Facility Services department at our Home Office in Toronto is seeking a Jr. Construction Project Manager reporting directly to the National Facilities Manager on a contract basis. The term will be for 18-24 months.
The Project Manager will lead team comprised of internal stakeholders (representatives from Cineplex business units and functional areas) and external stakeholders (Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers) to design and renovate/construct home existing office campus.
- Lead the working group comprising of internal and external stakeholders to oversee the home campus renovation/construction program
- Liaise with HR , IT and other departments on the change management
- Establish and manage the roadmap for renovation projects in the home office campus
- Manage teams of consultants, contractors and suppliers to ensure the most cost-effective approach in accordance with the design intent
- Manage tender processes and bid submissions from contractors / consultants and suppliers
- Analyze tender submissions, review and negotiate scope coverage, and recommend contract awards
- Review drawings, plans and specifications at appropriate stages of each project to ensure compliance with all corporate requirements, regulations and standards.
- Recommend changes when applicable and ensure implementation.
- Work in conjunction with Home Office Facilities
- Maintain reference drawing for all completed projects.
- Prepare and review cost analysis following project completion, identifying actual costs vs. budget costs.
- Manage contractor submittals or shop drawings to ensure sufficient lead time for consultant review, manufacturing, delivery and installation of materials.
- Track and control construction budgets from project conception to actualization.
- Manage resolution of lien and legal issues.
- Enforce project life cycle and provide executive level updates
- The ideal candidate will possess a professional certification or have a minimum of five years relevant commercial construction project management experience (base building and interior fit up).
- The ideal candidate will have completed either a Bachelor’s degree or a post-secondary program at a community college in construction or construction related field(s).
- Knowledge of construction design, terminology, drawings, construction work flow and scheduling.
- Knowledge of building mechanical/electrical/fire alarm systems
- Strong communication (oral and written), planning and organization skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Strong team player.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations of the Health & Safety Act and work with contractors to ensure all functions of work are completed safely.
- Personal drive and self-starter, able to work effectively without constant direction.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication (oral and written), organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Emphasize teamwork, innovation, accountability, execution and commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities within a high pressure environment.
- Ability to implement and coordinate comprehensive schedules.
- Adaptable; able to constructively and resourcefully work well under pressure, demonstrating flexibility and resilience.
- Detail oriented
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please