Senior Lease Administrator
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Lease Administration department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Lease Administrator, reporting to the Executive Director, Lease Administration.
The Senior Lease Administrator performs a variety of analytical duties necessary to control occupancy costs, ensure lease compliance, resolve contentious landlord/tenant issues, recovery of landlord allowances and support Business Unit and Functional Area initiatives while developing and maintaining strong internal and external business relationships. This role assists the Manager, Lease Administration, with the rent export process, PeopleSoft issues and enhancements, as well as training and supporting the Lease Administrators.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Complete in-depth analysis of all landlord invoices to ensure accuracy and lease compliance. Identify and follow up on opportunities to reduce occupancy costs and negotiate with landlords to resolve contentious issues to the benefit of the Company. Enter undisputed invoices into PeopleSoft for processing to meet due dates.
- Liaise with Design & Construction, Finance, Legal and Real Estate to ensure all landlord allowances are invoiced and collected when due.
- Provide support for theatre management with respect to landlord interactions and lease interpretation. Ensure compliance with the terms of our lease agreements and intercede where necessary to resolve any disputes.
- Provide expertise and feedback to Business Units and Functional Areas in support of the development and implementation of their initiatives. Ensure all projects are in compliance with the terms of the lease and liaise with landlords to obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare, reconcile and process weekly and monthly rent exports.
- Ensure all costs and expenses for which the landlord or other parties are responsible are recovered when due.
- Assist Manager with training and supporting the Lease Administrators in their day-to-day functions.
- Process all Estoppel Certificate requests within the timeframe specified in the governing Lease Agreement.
- Provide support to Real Estate and Legal as required.
- Assist Manager with resolving PeopleSoft related issues and making enhancements to the system.
- Maintain the central repository of lease documents and ensure terms of the agreements are input into PeopleSoft.
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with landlords and other stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education.
- 3-5 years of Lease Administration experience 7 years of progressive multi-location property and project management experience.
- Familiarity with interpreting commercial leases.
- General understanding of occupancy costs.
- General accounting knowledge.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Thorough understanding of occupancy costs (CAM, property taxes, utilities and percentage rent).
- Superior MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Organized, professional with an ability to multi-task and have exceptional time management skills.
- Works well under pressure and is committed to meeting deadlines.
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft an asset.
- Experience in monitoring property taxes and dealing with tax consultants a plus.
- Experience training others an asset.
- Fluency in French an asset, but not a requirement.
- Some travel is required.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please