Senior Full Stack Software Developer
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates location based entertainment complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as Canada’s favourite destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will be opening exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
WorldGaming Network LP is an esports and competitive video gaming platform that facilitates online and ‘live’ tournaments, leagues and ladders, and acts as a social gaming community for competitive gamers around the world. Launched in 2006, it is the premier destination for competitive and passionate gamers, with over 8,000,000 matches played and over $40,000,000 in cash prizes paid to gamers. WorldGaming Network is owned and operated by Cineplex, a leading entertainment and media company. More information is available at WorldGaming.com.
WorldGaming offers you the best of both work worlds: a small company with a start-up culture plus all the benefits of a large corporation with a great reputation.
As a Senior Full Stack Software Developer, you will be wearing many hats. All members of the development team are expected to be familiar with all parts of the stack, to contribute to project planning and scoping, to be part of architecture discussions and to perform maintenance on production systems as necessary.
We are an agile shop, but we are not 100% by-the-manifesto agile, as we only adopt processes which help us.
Our growing micro service ecosystem means many interesting projects. You will not be stuck on one project for months. Our developers typically work on a few different projects every week, and sometimes every day. Our developers also consistently work very closely with Quality Assurance and Operations.
Reliability, security and consistency are our core goals, and we are passionate about testing.
We value collaboration, learning and teaching. We also value the individual and support a healthy work-life balance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Product and Development as a Senior Full Stack Software Developer, you will be expected to:
- Design and implement innovative designs that support WorldGaming’s business goals
- Work collaboratively with product stake holders to clarify and improve project requirements
- Help to lead the Technology team to work in all layers of the system including UI, backend services, devices, and automated testing
- Mentor the Technology team to achieve and learn
- Review new and existing IT projects, system designs and plans, conduct research on emerging technologies and make recommendations to support changes in infrastructur
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical disciplines
- 5 years of software development experience
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing applications
Nice to have:
- Experience using SpringBoot, Tomcat, Docker, Nginx, Jenkins
- Developing within a microservice architecture
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure in AWS or GCP
- Developing using a TDD or BDD approach
- Experience with agile or scrum development environments
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other departments
- Proven ability in problem solving, decision making and leadership
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please