Restaurant Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse
- 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. As Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex welcomes 70 million guests annually through its circuit of 165 theatres across the country. Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online eSports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues in communities across the country (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that’s set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest – let’s tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room.
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment – musical acts, bands and comedians – and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone’s favourites, as well as an “eatertainment-style” concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Restaurant Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse, reporting to the General Manager - The Rec Room Roundhouse. This position will be based at our Toronto Rec Room located at 255 Bremner Blvd. in Toronto, ON.
The Restaurant Manager will create better stories for our guests by ensuring they deliver exceptional service throughout all front of house areas. The Restaurant Manager will supervise and control all Front of House areas to Rec Room standards, maximizing revenues and profits to agreed budgetary limits while ensuring memorable service is delivered to our guests.
- Ensure that guests are greeted upon arrival, and questions or concerns are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Provides exceptional guest service; communicates with guests in order to assess service and quality.
- Interacts with guests by greeting them, providing service, answering questions, solving problems and handling complaints.
- Be readily available at all times to deal with problems or complaints.
- Ensure that different front of house areas within the Rec Room are serviced and maintained such as the Bar, Lounge and Dining areas.
- Ensure that reservations are taken correctly and courteously.
- Ensure that all charges are correctly entered on the guest's bill and that this is up to date at all times.
- Ensure that credit control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure that all Front of House staff are dressed appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that all Front of House staff are keeping the Rec Room clean and tidy all day.
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing telephone calls are handled promptly and courteously.
- Carry out systematic checks of all Front of House areas for maintenance requirements, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that these are completed without delay.
- Hold regular performance appraisals with all front of house staff, identifying areas for development and training needs and ensuring that this training is completed.
- Carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job training is taking place to agreed standards.
- Ensure that staffing levels are correct and are not exceeded without permission.
- Ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy
- Act as Duty Manager when required.
- Circulate regularly throughout all Front of House areas, maintaining a positive profile with guests and staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all reports and administrative work.
- Prepare and submit within the required format all annual budgetary information and updates as required.
- Monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions for the implementation of appropriate programs.
- Demonstrates exceptional energy and stamina; upholds the highest quality standards for food, service and financial management; requires that the Rec Room meets his/her personal stamp of approval at all times.
- When referring to areas, e.g. Front of house, to include Gaming area with Dining areas and lounge.
- University degree or College Diploma in an appropriate field.
- 3-5 years of direct restaurant work experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to provide feedback regarding front of house operations, propose new policies, and develop and implement new strategies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills are essential.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends & holidays.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Extended hours as required.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please