IT Helpdesk Specialist (Contract to October 2, 2020)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Information Technology department has an immediate opening for the position of IT Helpdesk Specialist reporting directly to the Manager, Cineplex Call and Monitoring Centre (CMC). Please note: this is a contract opportunity to October 2, 2020.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing day-to-day helpdesk support as well as assist in the deployment of new theatre systems.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitor and support components of the Cineplex Systems Infrastructure;
- Develop and update detailed support documentation contained within the CMC Knowledgebase;
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of end user applications and hardware platforms including POS, Proprietary and “Shrink Wrap” systems;
- Address and resolve incoming issues from personnel at all theatre locations with emphasis on resolving issues at first point of contact;
- Ensure ticketing software is updated and maintained according to Corporate guidelines;
- Utilize software tools for proactive support and to correct issues remotely;
- Provide remote support for both POS and theatre back office equipment;
- Participate in Theatre system deployments including POS rollouts / upgrades, backoffice upgrades, printer replacements and Network upgrades;
- Work closely with internal IT resources and third party vendors in resolving Hardware / Software issues at Cineplex Entertainment Theatres;
- Participate in any projects and duties as assigned by IT Management.
- University / College education in a computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or A+ certification would be an asset.
- 0-3 years of I.T. related, Help Desk Support.
- Customer service experience demonstrating application functionality.
- Experience with Vista POS Software or general retail POS systems would be an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) would be considered an asset.
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal presentation skills
- Must be self motivated.
- Must be able to quickly acquire an in depth knowledge of multiple custom applications.
- Must be proficient with Window Operating Systems, MS office, and support tools.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Some on-call support may be required.
- Must be available for shift work including evenings & weekends.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please