Accounting Associate, Route Admin (11-month Contract)
- 6420 Viscount Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1H3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Player One Amusement Group has an immediate opening for the position of Accounting Associate, Route Admin, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Accounting. This position is based at our Player One Amusement Group office located at 6420 Viscount Road in Mississauga. Please note: this is a 11-month contract opportunity.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Enter revenue data into a proprietary system
- Review data for accuracy and correct errors
- Respond to comments from managers and their teams
- Identify cash variances and resolve discrepancies
- Produce daily activity and balancing reports
- Audit inventory information to ensure compliance of inventory controls and correct errors
- Obtain month-end inventory counts and analyze variances
- Generate monthly checklists to ensure all data is processed in a timely manner
- Provide data to Managers and their teams
- Update database to ensure 100% accuracy
- Assist with training programs
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed and correct paperwork is completed for database accuracy
- Process data to meet weekly and monthly deadlines
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 to 4 years of accounting or related work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Above average keying skills (60 words per minute or higher)
- A team player
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Proven capabilities with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) at an intermediate level
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please