Executive Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Planning
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Entertainment LP, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, you play a significant role in the future of Cineplex.
Cineplex is a leader in the theatre exhibition, traditional media and digital media businesses, and exceptional expertise is required to continue moving our operations to an even higher standard over time. This role will be responsible for leading and directing the strategic and business planning processes to continue our strong performance and to assess and develop new streams of business.
Lead and direct the strategic and business planning processes
- Drive support for strategy and the 5-year strategic/financial plan. Align organizational objectives and priorities with long-term strategy, effectively communicate the strategy and priorities to the broader organization
- Facilitate the presentation and endorsement of all strategic and business development opportunities with Executive management and Board
- Develop process / tools that support the development of material value creation / growth initiatives within the organization including innovation and transformation
- Management of the entity’s financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and analytical activities; ensure alignment of financial plan with vision and strategy
Ongoing analysis of Financial Planning
- Analysis of actual result comparatives to plan, identify business trends, and develop and measure key metrics to track progress against short and long-term financial objectives
- Management and delivery of analyses and reports in a concise and efficient format
- Focus on ongoing post-mortems on capital and investment decisions
- Management of Planning Group resources to ensure that Business Units have Planning Group support and analysis of material business decisions
- Evaluate and identify possible M&A/partnership activities to support the corporation’s strategy and financial targets
- Co-ordination and joint-lead role in M&A/partnership execution processes
- Evaluation of financing opportunities and capital structure decisions
- Identification and support for material value creation / growth initiatives
- Lead a skilled team in a work environment that provides exciting career opportunities and builds business success
- Work effectively across business units and functions to identify opportunities and maximize synergies
- Meaningfully contribute as a member of the Cineplex wider senior team
- Master’s in Business Administration required and Chartered Financial Analyst designation considered an asset
- 10+ years of senior experience in a strategic planning or financial planning role
- Deep industry knowledge relating to entertainment, exhibition, traditional and digital media
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Superior computer skills, including database and financial modelling
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Thrive on delivering results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Terms of Employment: Permanent/ Full Time
- Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario
- Salary: $225,000.00-$275,000.00
- Benefits: Disability benefits, life insurance, group insurance benefits, retirement savings benefits and vision care benefits. Candidate will be eligible for discretionary increases in salary/bonuses
- Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Interested applicants, please apply today.