General Manager - WorldGaming Network
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 2Y9, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming.com). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
WorldGaming Network, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive gaming community both online and in live venues. To learn more about WorldGaming please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon.
WorldGaming, a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive and esports gaming community both online and in live venues. Cineplex currently has an opening for the position of General Manager, WorldGaming to lead this business, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Cineplex Entertainment.
This position is based at our WorldGaming office located in downtown Toronto and will oversee all aspects of the business in terms of day to day operations and expansion of the concept. The successful candidate will be a role model for the Company’s Values, abide by the Cineplex Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and facilitate organizational relationships internally and externally.
Oversee all aspects of the WorldGaming business unit
- Create strategic and annual operating objectives with complete P&L accountability for the business
- Deliver innovative concepts and exciting initiatives for gamers
- Develop and maintain key relationships with external partners and suppliers; create winwin partnerships across the global gaming industry
- Partner to enhance and extend third party brands, and establish strong proprietary brands that drive participation
- Manage business unit risk to protect our brands and our reputation, oversee contract negotiations with partners and suppliers
- Cultivate sponsorships and media sales opportunities
- Ensure seamless, intuitive experiences (UI/UX) online and in person
- Oversee the marketing plan
- Lead a fun and energetic work environment that provides exciting career opportunities and builds business success
- Leverage corporate support functions to focus on key strategies; work effectively across business units and functions to identify opportunities and maximize synergies
- Meaningfully contribute as a member of the Cineplex wider senior team
- Leverage Cineplex assets including the SCENE loyalty program, social media, The Rec Room and Cineplex’s relationship with moviegoers
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a senior leader with an emphasis on business development in online gaming or related industry
- Experience in building gaming events as a publisher, sponsor, distributor, promoter or marketer
- Experience in various gaming concepts such as esports, fantasy, and cash;
- Experienced in “trend spotting” – has their finger on the pulse of the marketplace with sufficient depth to identify relevant new emerging trends
- Appropriate understanding of gaming technology to enable overall architecture and oversight of a technical team
- Demonstrated senior level interactive ability, including at the Board level
- Ability to set strategic objectives and execute on time and on budget
- A proven track record of leading by example and developing others to achieve their full potential.
- Highly organized; an effective manager of time and resources
- Strong team building skills – can operate effectively with their direct team as well as others across the organization
- Strong problem solving, decision making, negotiation and communication skills
- Highly motivated, dynamic and creative with a hands-on management style and ability to work independently
- Desire to learn, think “outside the box” and to develop professionally
- French/English bilingualism is an asset
- Terms of Employment: Permanent/ Full Time
- Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario
- Salary: $200,000.00-$225,000.00
- Benefits: Candidate will be eligible for discretionary increases in salary, bonuses and incentives in accordance with company policy. Candidate eligible for company benefits program or monthly benefits allowance.
- Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Interested applicants, please apply today.