Copywriter (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."
"They call it a Royale with cheese."
“Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.”
We all remember these moments first introduced to us on the silver screen. Sitting amidst a hushed crowd, the smell of fresh popcorn in the air. Lights dim. A flicker of the projector signals our imminent transport to another world. Time to visit old friends or rediscover new ones. There’s no other medium that elicits a visual, auditory or emotional pull quite like the movies. They allow us to escape from the every day and experience magic. They enable us to dream.
Now imagine working in a place where you lived and breathed that feeling all day – to be part of a creative team telling stories unlike any other for some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more.
Cineplex is currently recruiting for the position of Copywriter. Reporting to the Senior Copywriter, you would develop original ad copy that will be seen and heard by millions of people across the country. Your work will connect with them on an emotional level and convey messages as impactful as the movies themselves. Oh, and this gig comes with free movies! Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Generate long form marketing copy for cinema, interactive media, print and radio, as well as short form copy for brochures, web and direct mail.
- Develop copy that consistently hits the objectives and communication needs of creative briefs.
- Maintain a clear and consistent brand voice for each line of business and adjust for different consumer segments.
- Work alongside designers to conceive and execute effective campaigns with integrated written and visual concepts.
- Passionately and confidently present your ideas to internal stakeholders.
Hard and Soft Skills:
- 5+ years in advertising copywriting at a creative agency or in-house, or equivalent experience.
- Extremely strong storytelling skills and proven ability to adapt your writing style to different consumer segments.
- Clear communicator and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to write compelling copy that has an emotional hook at the heart of it.
- Excellent proofreader with attention to detail.
- Ability to speak, read and understand French is an asset.
- Working with top-tier brand campaigns is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply with your resume and a link to your copywriting portfolio.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please