- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Finance department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking an Accountant, reporting directly to the Manager, Accounting.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare accrual and month-end journal entries;
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of various expenses;
- Analyze selected key balance sheets accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Respond to theatre staff’s queries regarding operational performance’
- Assist with internal and external audits;
- Other additional tasks as may be assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post-secondary education and pursuing CPA designation with 3-5 years accounting work experience;
- Experience using PeopleSoft accounting system would be considered an asset;
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Advanced skill of MS Excel;
- Demonstrated drive to improve month-end efficiency and processes with the use of technology.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please