Project Manager, Design & Construction
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Design and Construction department at our Home Office in Toronto currently has an opportunity for the position of Project Manager, Design & Construction, reporting directly to the Manager, Construction.
The Project Manager will lead teams of Consultants, Contractors and internal departments to design and construct new facilities (base building and interior fit out) and renovating existing ones. This role will also track and control construction schedules and budgets in addition to managing extra work claims to minimize the company’s exposure to extra costs.
- Provide experienced leadership in the design and construction of our facilities, including renovations and alteration
- Have a mentoring role within the design and construction department.
- Working with the Manager of Construction on lease matrix’s and construction timing
- Ensure projects follow lease parameters (design, timing and scope).
- Manage teams of consultants, contractors and staff to ensure the most cost effective approach in accordance with the design intent of our internal departments.
- Manage tender processes for new projects and resolve tender queries to facilitate aggressive bid submissions from contractors / consultants and suppliers.
- Analyze tender submissions, review and negotiate scope coverage, and recommend contract awards.
- Contract administration; review contract documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Value Engineer
- Collect, analyze and interpret cost savings initiatives.
- Select alternatives and project consequences of decisions and recommendations.
- “Design to Value” mindset.
- Participate in project and process innovation to improve project and department efficiencies.
- Track and control construction schedules:
- Provide solutions or recommendations as necessary to maintain projects on track.
- Manage contractor submittals or shop drawings to ensure sufficient lead time for consultant review, manufacturing, delivery and installation of materials.
- Track and control construction budgets from project conception to actualization.
- Manage resolution of lien and legal issues.
- Enforce project life cycle and provide executive level updates.
- The ideal candidate will possess a professional certification or have a minimum of five years relevant retail project management experience (base building and interior fit out).
- The ideal candidate will have completed either a Bachelor’s degree or a post-secondary program at a community college.
- Knowledge of construction design and scheduling.
- Strong communication (oral and written), planning and organization skills.
- Familiar with lease agreement structure and components.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strategic thinker and creative problem solver.
- Strong team player.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the rules and regulations of the Health & Safety Act and work with contractors to ensure all functions of work are completed safely.
- Guest service oriented.
- Desire to think “outside the box” in designing world-renowned entertainment centres.
- Personal drive and self-starter, able to work effectively without constant direction.
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bilingualism in French and English would be considered an asset.
- A movie lover.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please