Internal Auditor - Loss Prevention
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Risk Management department is pleased to announce an opening for the position of one (1) Internal Auditor assigned to the Loss Prevention team. This position will be based out of our Home Office in Toronto, and report to the Manager, Loss Prevention.
The Internal Auditor’s role will be to detect and investigate fraud and theft at Cineplex. The Internal Auditor will achieve these objectives by:
- Uncovering, investigating, documenting and deterring employee and external theft and fraud.
- Preparing investigation reports and evidence packages.
- Providing consultation and awareness to Cineplex businesses through Fraud Alerts, Loss Prevention techniques and training initiatives.
On a rotating basis, this position may also be assigned to one of the following functional groups of the Risk Management team:
- Operations Audit; reporting to the Director, Audit and Health & Safety
- Analysis & Controls; reporting to the Director, Analysis & Controls
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNAL AUDITOR ASSIGNED TO LOSS PREVENTION:
- Conduct investigations using transaction analysis and video recording systems to identify and investigate fraud indicators.
- Prepare evidence files and investigation reports with recommendations and guidance for operations management and senior management.
- Help develop new or update existing systems to uncover theft and fraud.
- Perform criminal investigations and prepare reports for the police that result from these investigations. Attend court as a witness, if required.
- Provide regular updates to the Loss Prevention group on the progress of investigations.
- When required, review Video Recording Systems, report service issues, and train operations management on the use of these systems.
- Create, deliver, and participate in Risk Management training sessions for operations management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNAL AUDITOR IF ROTATED TO OTHER RISK MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONAL GROUPS:
- Conduct analysis and review of data and video prior to and after the onsite audit.
- Conduct audit and analysis and review of documents and data onsite at a venue.
- Prepare audit reports detailing audit results and significant findings.
- Attend manager meetings and visit locations providing onsite audit training and recommendations.
- Conduct onsite visits to audit Cineplex locations across Canada - expected travel approximately 30%.
Analysis & Controls
- Using the Executive Information System (EIS) ensure that business unit admissions, concessions transactions, deposits and miscellaneous sales are accurate.
- Set-up new admission categories and prices in EIS.
- Provide support for promotions and marketing initiatives.
- Provide monthly reports to business units on high risk areas.
- Provide administrative support for the department.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Education / Professional Qualifications
- College/University degree.
- Enrollment, or pursuit, to obtain accreditation or certifications in Audit, Risk Management, Loss Prevention, or other applicable subjects may be a condition of employment.
Desirable experience includes:
- Work experience in an entertainment, restaurant, theatre, or retail environment.
- Previous Loss Prevention or audit experience.
- Work experience in conducting investigations and interviewing.
- Experience using video recording systems.
- Previous work experience in analysis or data analytics.
- Report preparation and effectively conveying findings and recommendations to management.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Fluently bilingual in English and French is desirable.
- Must be confident and self-assured. Must be able to act independently and perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be comfortable working autonomously from remote sites while maintaining close communications with Home Office.
- Must be willing to travel, including travel on weekends when required.
- Must be willing to work, and/or be available during non-standard hours to support the Operations window for the business units, as dictated by the needs of the business.
- Must have good judgment. Should be able to set priorities and allocate time accordingly.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills; an ability to maintain composure in potentially adversarial situations.
- Must display attention to detail and an ability to screen information with a critical eye for reasonableness and common sense. Must be able to differentiate fact from fiction.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly – business systems/procedures, as well as software applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong computer skills using the software applications listed:
- Word processing (Word)
- Spread Sheet (Excel)
- Database (Access)
- Vista software
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please