Project Manager – Technical Support
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Chief Digital and Technology Office is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
The Information Technology Department has an immediate opening for the position of Project Manager – Technical Support reporting directly to the Director, End User Technical Support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing all activities between IT stakeholders and internal business stakeholders as part of new IT projects. The successful candidate will need be to be organized, personable, technical and resourceful with excellent project and time management skills. You will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, have a strong sense of urgency and be driven to deliver high quality results. Experience supporting in a team environment, along with a great attitude and willingness to learn is essential.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Author, own and keep up to date a plan of tasks, timing and people that will ensure success. Ensure key people validate the plan when it undergoes change. Ensure that the remaining effort is clear and up to date
- Marshal resources appropriately through the project, ensuring they and their managers have ample notice of upcoming tasks and target dates
- Keeping resource managers and business stakeholders informed and engaged throughout a project - addressing their concerns and managing their expectation appropriately. A weekly update email should be part of the regular cycle of communication beyond individual meetings
- Keep executive stakeholders informed and committed to championing the work
- Communicate in an effective manner. While E-mail is a useful tool, it is not always the best method of communication. Choose the best method of communication, whether it is e-mail, a quick call followed up by an e-mail, or a meeting
- Maintain and monitor project organization artifacts including project schedules, risk registers, action logs, change orders, budget tracking, responsibility assignment matrix
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Contribute to internal and external status meetings, preparing status reports & meeting minutes for stakeholders
- Identify and communicate changes that impact project scope, timeline or budget
- Escalate appropriately and timely when a situation threatens the project
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude
- Apply lessons learned and critical thinking to ensure flawless execution
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- University / College education in business or computer related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Professional Accreditation in Project Management would be considered and asset
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in a relevant role
- Proven track record of IT Project Management
- Proven track record in working with internal and external customers while meeting tight timelines
- Experience working with IT systems
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent Meeting Management and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent judgement and triage skills
- A solid overarching understanding of system technology
- Must be self motivated and be able to manage and motivate others
- Must have the ability to methodically troubleshoot technical issues
- Expertise with Microsoft professional office and project management productivity tools , i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast-paced environment
- Must have flexibility with respect to working hours
Values and Personality
- A technologist – a self-learner who loves and can pick up new technologies
- Someone who is Guest Experience focused - committed to delivering client satisfaction
- Someone with an eye for detail – with the user experience in mind
- A communicator, one who takes pride in ensuring that the message is always received and understood
- An analytical individual, keen to isolate the facts
- A strategist, an organizer – always comes prepared
- Someone tenacious and committed, with a “CAN DO” attitude!
- Someone who can calmly prioritize and work on multiple initiatives at once
- Someone charismatic and respectful of others, able to forge strong relationships
- Someone who can consistently produce quality results within limited timelines
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please