Junior Information Security Analyst
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Chief Digital and Technology Office is a newly formed team with the objective of partnering with the entire Cineplex ecosystem to connect our corporate strategy, customer and business objectives with the development, delivery and operations of our Data, Digital and Technology Platforms and Processes. We have an exciting path ahead and this role offers the opportunity to truly make your mark at an iconic Canadian company.
The position of Jr Information Security Analyst reporting directly to the Director, IT Security.
The successful candidate will be responsible for collecting data, developing secure strategies and maximizing productivity. The successful candidate will also be responsible for implementing security principles while following strict privacy policies. Analysts have advanced skills when it comes to finding security threats and other vulnerabilities. Jr IS Analysts will additionally aide in the risk assessment process of the enterprise environment and frequently monitor logs and security traffic. More specifically, the daily standard operating procedures include:
Jr IS Analyst Daily Tasks
- Document, prioritize, and analyze security threats, incidents, and key metrics.
- Review daily and periodic data to identify, report, and remedy vulnerabilities.
- Configure and analyze security tools and software.
- Coordinate with IT and end users to minimize disruptions and protect assets.
- Keep technology stakeholders informed of changes to their platforms that may impact regular operations.
- Communicate in an effective manner.
- Escalate appropriately and timely when a situation threatens the current state.
- Triaging effectively to determine business impact and sense of urgency around a security incident - providing prompt attention to incidents with the highest impact to the business
- Prompt response to support active incidents.
- Always analyzing current/ongoing incidents, to isolate improvements to knowledge base, business processes, training, and application features.
- University / College education in a related course of study or equivalent experience required.
- Professional Accreditation in IT Security or related certifications considered an asset.
- 1 – 3 Years of experience in a relevant role
- Proven track record in working with internal and external team members while meeting tight timelines
- Must be proactive and possess strong interpersonal, customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be able to aide ongoing projects in conjunction with daily operations
- Must be self motivated and be able to manage assigned tasks within the team
- Must have the ability to methodically troubleshoot technical security issues
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and manage available resources accordingly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have flexibility with respect to working hours
- Ability to travel may be required
Values and Personality
- A self-learner who loves and can pick up new technologies.
- Someone who is focused on the Guest Experience - committed to delivering client satisfaction.
- A communicator, one who takes pride in ensuring that the message is always received and understood.
- A strategist, an organizer – always comes prepared.
- Someone tenacious and committed, with a “CAN DO” attitude!
- Someone who can calmly prioritize and work on multiple initiatives at once.
- Someone respectful of others, able to forge strong relationships.
- Someone who can consistently produce quality results within limited timelines.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please