Associate, Accounts Payable
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Finance department at our Home Office in Toronto is currently seeking a full time Associate, Accounts Payable, reporting directly to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable.
- Oversee technologies around supplier payments (Accounts Payable software) including
o Invoice workflow automation (i.e. touchless OCR, invoice routing and invoice approvals)
o Process order-based invoices
o Process expense invoices
o Route invoices to approvers
- Communicate with supplier and employees to address invoice issues
- Report any vendor discrepancies to AP Manager or Supervisor for new supplier set up or updates
- Process payments via check, EFT, ACH and record wire payments
- 1 to 2 years work experience in Accounts Payable or accounting
- Knowledge of standard ERPs (experience with PeopleSoft would be an asset)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) at an intermediate level
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Ideally experienced in supplier payment/AP Automation
- Detail-oriented process-optimizer
- A team player
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please