Executive Assistant to Chief Human Resources Officer
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Can you imagine yourself working where you play? Cineplex is synonymous with entertainment across Canada and is home to the country’s largest and most innovative circuit of movie theatres. But while we entertain over 70 million guests every year, Cineplex is also much more than a Film Entertainment & Content company – offering exciting, progressive and rewarding career opportunities in Amusement & Leisure and Media sectors.
Change and disruption are nothing new to Cineplex and we have a strong legacy of infusing innovation into everything we do to stay relevant and competitive. This has led to the creation of a fully-integrated, diversified and growing organization with businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Capitalizing on what we do best, we also operate a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). We are also a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex is made up of 13,000 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States who rally behind our values of Innovation, Excellence and Teamwork. We are creative, curious and love big thinking. The next evolution of Cineplex starts here, and we want it to start with you!
Cineplex Entertainment currently has an opportunity for an Executive Assistant, reporting directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer (“CHRO”).
- Strategically manage and plan the CHRO’s day to day activities, meetings, guests, calendar management, emails, phone calls, commitments, appointments, etc. to facilitate the most efficient use of time.
- Oversee all travel arrangements and logistics which may include booking flights, car rentals and hotel accommodations. Coordinate all meetings, as well as, provide needed background information and detailed travel itineraries.
- Proactively bring ideas and best practices forward to optimize the CHRO’s schedule and overall ways of working.
- Arrange logistics for visitors, coordinate conference calls, transcribe notes and manage correspondence as needed.
- Coordinate and manage events, special projects, and team meetings with focused attention to detail including issuance of purpose, agendas and targeted outcomes for meetings and partnering to send follow up minutes and action items as appropriate.
- Perform advanced administrative duties to support the CHRO such as but not limited to:
- Prepare internal and external correspondence
- Prepare and reconcile expenses
- Apply a high degree of initiative and judgment:
- Answer and screen all incoming inquiries and correspondence
- In-depth knowledge of Company policy, structure and practices
- Maintain advanced level of confidentiality and professionalism:
- Manage executive files and board reporting as needed
- Ambassador of the Company; represent the company in a professional manner, ensure you are upholding the Cineplex Values.
- Assist with other HR or Executive team projects as required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preference will be given to those individuals who have previously supported C level executives.
- Applicants must have a college/university degree and be a mature self-starter.
- High energy with emotional maturity, emotional intelligence, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- You possess a high level of professionalism and have the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, work independently and manage upward.
- You have strong attention to detail and exceptional organization skills with the ability to balance short term needs and longer term priorities.
- Candidates must use discretion and judgment to appropriately manage confidential information and assignments.
- Efficiency and excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements for this position.
- You have a strong customer service focus, superior interpersonal and time management skills, the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You have strong computer skills with proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- You are technologically savvy and proficient with the use of smartphones, tablets, laptops and other tools.
- Willing to work flexible or overtime hours and be on call to meet challenging and changing deadlines
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please