Manager, Technical Support - Cineplex Digital Media
- 137 Northfield Dr W, Waterloo, ON N2L 5A6, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
The Cineplex Digital Media division of Cineplex Entertainment Limited Partnership currently has an opening for the position of Manager, Technical Support, reporting to the Director, Technical Support, Cineplex Digital Media. This opportunity is located at our Cineplex Digital Media (CDM) office at 137 Northfield Dr. West, Waterloo ON N2L 5A6.
The Manager, Technical Support must be comfortable working with cross functional teams to ensure the best possible experience is provided to our clients and be able to communicate complex topics to the client’s business leaders as well as internal stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the client Service Desk within CDM.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the activities of the Service Desk team and help to grow and develop a global technical support department.
- Playing a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Improving the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning.
- Overseeing financial management, planning and controls within the organization
- Championing change management and operational readiness within the support delivery teams as their primary advocate.
- Managing the deployment of operational methods in support of go-to-market programs and operational initiatives.
- Fostering collaboration and driving consensus across all CDM business units and within the global support delivery community
Client Management Support
- Provide ongoing, timely updates on issues to senior management and stake holders, including Client impact and messaging to Clients.
- Ensure internal Client facing teams are provided accurate, timely and consistent information on issues. Facilitate Client resolutions for escalated issues
- Assist in the engagement of necessary technical support of other groups to resolve Client issues
- Direct management of Client escalations
Operational Management Support
- Manage, train, and motivate the Service Desk on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage day-to-day service levels ensuring all issues are dealt with within acceptable timeframes, adhering to client SLA's, and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction in a 24x7 environment.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise among self and team
- Work with key business units within CDM to implement metrics and processes to meet client obligations.
- Develop strong relationships and work closely with our technology, product management, and account management teams to facilitate solutions to customer issues.
- Develop key metric reports for both service and call management, utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Manage external field service and software vendors ensuring service levels are managed and adhered to.
- Build relationships with new vendors and partners.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of end user applications and hardware platforms.
- Participate in any projects and duties as assigned by CDM Operations Management.
Process Management Support
- Drive long term goals for operational excellence and input to long term planning
- Lead and facilitate initiatives within support to enable productivity and customer quality
- Create and support better management reporting and information flow
- Analyze departmental performance using lean six-sigma or similar methodology and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Benchmark processes through mapping and documentation to communicate and maintain process consistency across the customer support delivery units.
- Identify trends within the business and drive improvements while leveraging process benchmarking and controls to quantify initiatives.
- Develop and validate staffing and process impact assessments associated with all change within the delivery units.
- Assist in budgeting and planning process for the organization's annual budget with Director of Support and Financial Business Partner
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and forecasts of organization's financial performance against budget, financial and operational goals.
- Oversee short and long-term financial reporting.
- Lead projects and maintain deliverables, estimates and schedules.
- Develop and maintain project management artefacts through all lifecycle phases using standardized methodology driven templates.
- Maintain related governance, communications and milestone visibility.
Business Continuity Planning & Resource Management
- Develop and maintain business continuity artifacts as part of the business unit’s mission protection program.
- Drive business unit requirements with our technology services unit as part of CDM’s DRP planning.
- Provide client-side business unit stewardship over regional hardware and software assets, including lab resources.
- Completed university education in business, computer science, finance, or technical equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- An in-depth knowledge of the software technical support function.
- Minimum of 7 years in an operations planning capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to present to and influence all levels of leadership
- Superior analytical skills
- Familiarity with CRM implementation, such as Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceMax, Remedy, Clarify, etc.
Highly Preferred Skills
- ITIL Intermediate level designation or equivalent experience
- Working toward PMP certification or equivalent experience
- Six Sigma training
- Experience working for an outsourced technical support organization
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please