Social Media and Local Marketing Manager - The Rec Room Avalon Mall
- 48 Kenmount Rd, St. John's, NL A1B 1W3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Rec Room is an exciting new interactive entertainment destination created by Cineplex Entertainment. Featuring a wide range of entertainment options including upscale casual dining, live entertainment, state of the art simulation games, virtual reality and a variety of recreational games such as bowling, billiards, and ping pong, The Rec Room redefines out-of-home entertainment. With the success of our four open locations, The Rec Room plans to open 10-15 new locations over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and customized to the individual community.
Cineplex, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Social Media and Local Marketing Manager - The Rec Room Avalon Mall, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Brand - The Rec Room. This position will be based at The Rec Room Avalon Mall located at 48 Kenmount Rd., in St. John's, NL.
The Social Media and Local Marketing Manager is the local/regional brand ambassador for The Rec Room. The role is accountable for brand and guest perception, and supporting the execution of national marketing initiatives as well as identifying, creating and implementing local initiatives from sponsorships, events, activations, and promotions, to planning and developing content and managing the social conversation and engagement.
- The Brand Champion for their location.
- Identify local marketing opportunities (internal & external), and develop programs outlining strategy and metrics to drive business objectives as well as evaluating the overall success of each initiative.
- Community management of, as well as content creation for, local social media content and review sites in line with National Marketing plans.
- Identify key relationships and partnerships that will help build The Rec Room brand, building and implementing associated activation plans to drive business objectives.
- Respond in a timely manner to social media guest conversation and feedback including issues management.
- Maintain a current marketing calendar that outlines all brand events.
- Roll out corporate marketing initiatives and provide feedback on success and opportunities.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Local Entertainment Booker to develop and execute marketing programs for events, as well as evaluating the overall success of each initiative.
- Support Sales Manager with local marketing plans and tactics to drive group sales revenue.
- Update and work closely with Cineplex's communication team to identify and execute local PR opportunities.
- Manage local media buys and activation, and build and maintain relationships with local media contacts.
- Work with the Management team to reinforce brand, guest and staff experience.
- Attend relevant external events and act as brand spokesperson as required.
- Provide content direction, mapping and plans for in-location screens, and for the website.
- Ensure that website is up to date, auditing regularly for accurate information and appropriate content.
- Work with Senior Integrated Marketing Manager and explore ways to drive local acquisition to digital marketing channels (app, email).
- Manage any marketing aspects of retail merchandise
- Track and report any issues with native app or website to TRR marketing leads.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned to support the overall business as required.
- University degree or College Diploma in an appropriate field.
- 2-3 years of marketing and social media experience.
- Experience in customer service.
- Working knowledge of restaurant and/or entertainment industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques is preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing and activating partnerships.
- Ability to manage and maintain a promotional calendar.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Knowledge of budget management.
- Experience buying media and building activation plans
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, promotions and events.
- Evenings, weekends and additional hours as required (this is an important one given role)
- Ability to attend external events and conduct presentations
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please