Part Time Food and Beverage Cook - Playdium Mississauga
- 99 Rathburn Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Player One has an immediate opening for the position of Food and Beverage Cook, Playdium Mississauga, reporting to the General Manager, Playdium Mississauga.
For this role, candidates must be available to work during the weekdays (Monday to Friday) from 12PM to 6PM AND on weekends from 9:45AM to 12:00AM on Saturday and from 9:45AM to 10PM on Sunday.
About Playdium: PLAYDIUM is a large scale Family Entertainment Centre based at 99 Rathburn Road West, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4C1. The 11 acre property is host to the ultimate family entertainment centre. Featuring interactive arcade games, redemption games, simulators, go karts, mini golf, 9 variable speed batting cages, birthday party space and corporate meeting space.
Purpose of this job:
Preparation of menu items in accordance with Playdium’s standards of taste, presentation and consistency.
Areas of Accountability:
- Stock the line before lunch and dinner periods
- Ensure that the menu items are cooked to the Guests specifications, and presented as per Playdium food preparation specifications
- Uses time efficiently so that several orders can be prepared as quickly as possible
- Keeps the steam table topped up so items do not dry out
- Informs kitchen supervisor or manager if levels of back-up food items are insufficient
- Organizes of the walk in refrigerator and dry storage
- Skims fryers periodically with wire strainers to slow deterioration of fryer oil
- Accurately records wasted items on food wastage sheets
- Performs on-going prep work
- Completes and follows safe food handling policies and procedures
Skills and Experience Required:
- Previous Guest service/Customer service experience would be considered an asset
- Previous cooking and food & beverage experience is preferred
- A strong culinary skills/knowledge
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Upbeat and outgoing personality
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Team player
- Must be able to stand for long periods at a time
- May be required to carry up to 40lbs
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality
- Display strong verbal communication skills
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.