Part Time Games Technician (40 hours per week) - Playdium Mississauga
- 99 Rathburn Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Player One Amusement Group, a division of Cineplex Entertainment LP, employs over 500 people in 21 offices throughout Canada and the United States. One of North America’s leading providers of interactive video, redemption, amusement gaming and vending equipment, it specializes in solution servicing and design for a wide range of customers in the theatrical exhibition vertical as well as community-based entertainment destinations such as bowling centres, restaurants, arcades, shopping centres and water parks.
Player One currently has an opportunity for the role of Part-Time Games Technician, Playdium Mississauga, reporting to the General Manager, Playdium Mississauga.
About Playdium: PLAYDIUM is a large scale Family Entertainment Centre based at 99 Rathburn Road West, Mississauga, Ontario L5B 4C1. The 11 acre property is host to the ultimate family entertainment centre. Featuring interactive arcade games, redemption games, simulators, go karts, mini golf, 9 variable speed batting cages, birthday party space and corporate meeting space.
Purpose of this job:
The Games Technician will conduct preventative maintenance to ensure the gaming equipment maintains the highest industry standards. The Games Technician is accountable for the safe installation, testing, inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of gaming and attractions equipment. Although the games and associated equipment will be their primary responsibility, they may also be asked to maintain or repair other equipment onsite.
- Execute the repair of gaming and attractions equipment
- Execute preventative maintenance program for gaming machines and attractions
- Install software and software upgrades
- Remove and replace worn components
- Perform assigned equipment inspections and document maintenance using daily, weekly and monthly inspection logs
- Respond quickly to custom concerns and rectify gaming issues as requested
- Perform all preventive and corrective maintenance in full compliance with applicable programs, best industry practices and manufacturer's recommended practices
- Prepare and submit to management summary reports listing conditions found in the performance of assigned work, and recommend and/or suggest action to be taken
- Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping and safety of work areas. Adhere to all health and safety requirements by the organization
- Recognize danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them
- Maintain compliance with Federal, Provincial, Municipal, Ordinances, Codes, or Laws
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum college diploma in Electronics or similar fields
- Experience with shop tools (grinders, drill presses)
- Experience with gaming equipment repairs
- Experience in diagnosing and using preventative measures for gaming equipment
- Thorough knowledge of gaming equipment principles, equipment operation
- Highly motivated, organized and reliable and energetic
- Strong problem solving skills
- Positive, professional, personable and adaptable
- Must be willing and able to support any afterhours gaming related activity as required
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Perform additional job duties as requested
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Familiar with Windows Office including Excel, Word and Outlook is an asset.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.