Producer (12-Month Contract)
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex is looking for a Producer to be part of a creative team telling stories unlike any other for some of Canada’s premiere entertainment brands including Cineplex Cinemas, The Rec Room, Playdium and more. As the Producer, you are fearless, efficiently shepherding the complete production cycle from start to finish. You would help develop projects for mediums from A-Z that will be seen and heard by millions of people across the country. Your work will connect with them on an emotional level and convey messages as impactful as the movies themselves. Oh and this gig comes with free movies!
Please note: this is a 12-month contract opportunity.
- Taking creative ideas and turning them into tangible and inspiring projects.
- Manage the workflow of creative projects, creating workback schedules and call sheets, managing project timelines to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Overseeing the budget, hiring the crew and talent, supervising casting, and coordinating the post-production work – everything from editing, to music, to motion graphics, to final delivery, coding and invoicing.
- Experience producing and managing multiple small and large scale complex photo and video shoots at one time.
- Negotiate with external resources, including agents, source quotes and estimates for production work.
- Build a network of freelancer production staff and provide clear and concise direction to freelance production crews.
- Ensure the correct licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timings.
- Help develop new content segments and video templates.
Hard and Soft Skills:
- 5+ years experience in digital or broadcast video production, or related.
- Demonstrated skill in directing.
- Versed in all facets of onset and post-production.
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business partners.
- Self-starting, flexible, highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, and has the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Experience with Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects is an asset.
- Knowledge of digital post-production process
- Display a knowledge of pop culture, entertainment and movies.
Samples of your work are a must. Interested applicants please apply today with a link to your portfolio.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please