Operations Assistant, Quebec Operations
- 352 Rue Émery, Montréal, QC H2X 1J2, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
The Quebec Operations department at our Regional Office in Montreal is currently seeking an Operations Assistant, Quebec Operations, reporting directly to both of the Executive Directors of Quebec Operations. Please note: This role is based out of our Regional Office located at 352 rue Emery, Suite 300, Montreal, (Québec), H2X 1J1.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to both Executive Directors for the Quebec region and other team members within the department
- Prepare memos, correspondence, proposals, reports and tables
- Organize personnel schedules, coordinate meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, and expenses
- Maintain relevant databases and assist in preparation for reviews or meetings
- Code and track invoices and spending
- Generate forms and maintain weekly tracking of various theatre-related files for department
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and tracking
- Plan and execute conferences/meetings – coordinate group sessions between theatre personnel, regional support team and Executive Directors, organize events/seminars/entertainment
- Handle time sensitive projects and confidential files
- Maintain communication between all theatres within the regions of Quebec.
- Greet external guests (vendors and potential new clients), answer and screen all incoming telephone enquiries and take the initiative to address their concerns
- Open and distribute mail, prepare couriers and maintain files
- Assist with department projects as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Has clerical/basic accounting skills
- A background in Theatre management, retail or hospitality environments is an asset
- Must be mature self-starters, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, take initiative, and able to work independently
- Must use discretion and judgment necessary to treat confidential items and assignments appropriately
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Must be efficient and possess strong keyboarding skills
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with theatre, regional and home office teams
- Must possess a strong guest service focus and have superior interpersonal and time management skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Expert use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook are prerequisites for this position.
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please