Executive Director, Store Operations
- 1303 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex is currently recruiting for the position of Executive Director, Store Operations reporting to the Vice President, Digital Product & Digital Commerce.
The Executive Director, Store Operations is responsible for managing the delivery and operations of Store guest-facing applications, ensuring a seamless guest experience and high guest satisfaction scores. With a focus on vendor integration and removing obstacles, this role collaborates closely with the Store content and sales teams, technology and product teams, and Guest Services to deliver business results.
To be successful in this role, you will bring deep technical expertise in video streaming, extensive understanding of digital video monetization (TVOD, AVOD, FVOD) and the factors that drive these business models, keen prioritization around product value streams, and know how to maximize vendor and partner relationships.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team that’s building the future of entertainment, shaping the video and eCommerce backend infrastructure and experience for guests around the world while working with best-in-class partners to grow new business lines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end video streaming solution for the Cineplex Store, working with vendors and partners to deliver a seamless experience. Includes video transcoding, profile management and storage, CDN optimization, streaming performance, and video analytics.
- Own the successful integration, delivery, and iteration of the Store’s technology stack: product catalog, order workflow, account management, digital wallet, payment implementations, eCommerce CMS implementation
- Manage the technical solution’ing and delivery of internal and 3rd party solutions (technology partners and external vendors) as required to deliver Cineplex Store applications, including partner programs, pin redemption
- Own the relationship with Guest Services, ensuring gaps in the Store guest experience are identified and remedied quickly with the appropriate product managers
- Collaborate with a team of architects, software developers, including setting goals and KPIs, performing check-ins, managing release calendars and deployments, iterating cross-functional roadmaps, etc
- Participate in design/code/feature reviews with both internal development teams and 3rd party vendors as requirement
- Work closely with the Store business leads and key product managers to analyze business and system requirements and design solutions that fulfill customers’ needs
- Assist with project planning and prioritization by reviewing project requirements, identifying dependencies, and providing estimates and recommendations for the execution of the project
- Create and maintain design and architectural documentation that describes how video systems are constructed
- Other duties and tasks as requested
- 5+ years’ experience with video streaming implementations (DRM technologies, video transcoding and storage, CDNs)
- 5+ years’ experience with eCommerce backend technology implementation (product catalog, order workflow, account management, digital wallet, payment gateways, CMS)
- 5+ years’ experience leveraging vendor relationships and driving partnerships
- Strong collaborator with proven ability to bring teams together to drive business objectives. Excellent communication and influencer skills.
- Experience with the following will be an asset:
- 2+ years with connected devices (Smart TVs, Game Consoles, Mobile Phones, Tablets).
- Brightscript and Roku Development
- Knowledge of server-side development in Java, .Net, or PHP would be an asset
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Strong understanding of web-based software architectures and technologies
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidate selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please