Director, Integrated Marketing & Internal Communications
- 1300 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4T 1X3, Canada
Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content, Amusement and Leisure, and Media sectors. A leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex welcomes over 70 million guests annually through its circuit of theatres and location based entertainment venues across the country. In addition to being Canada’s largest and most innovative film exhibitor, Cineplex also operates successful businesses in digital commerce (CineplexStore.com), food service, alternative programming (Cineplex Events), cinema media (Cineplex Media), digital place-based media (Cineplex Digital Media), amusement solutions (Player One Amusement Group) and an online esports platform for competitive and passionate gamers (WorldGaming Network). Additionally, Cineplex operates a location based entertainment business through Canada’s newest destination for ‘Eats & Entertainment’ (The Rec Room), and will also be opening new complexes specially designed for teens and families (Playdium) as well as exciting new sports and entertainment venues across Canada (Topgolf). Cineplex is a joint venture partner in SCENE, Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
Proudly recognized as having one of the country’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, Cineplex employs approximately 13,000 people in its offices across Canada and the United States. To learn more visit Cineplex.com or download the Cineplex App.
Cineplex Digital Media (CDM), a division of Cineplex Entertainment, is a fully integrated, in-store digital merchandising provider with well over a decade of research, development and design experience. We provide strategically designed installations and customized creative to enable brands to effectively communicate with audiences in ways they never imagined. Using proprietary, state-of-the-art technology, and patented software, we have developed some of the world’s largest and most complex digital merchandising networks.
Director, Integrated Marketing & Internal Communications
This is a rare opportunity for a seasoned B2B marketer to come into an exciting company and build new marketing practices to drive top and middle funnel growth. CDM (Cineplex Digital Media) is an experience agency that helps brands make every one of their in-store impressions worth more, by meaningfully connecting them with their consumers and driving revenue through end-to-end digital signage solutions; we partner with some of the most recognizable global brands in verticals ranging from QSR and FI to Retail and DOOH media. We’re looking for an energetic and digitally-savvy Director of B2B Marketing & Internal Communications, reporting directly to the VP, Creative Strategy & Marketing. You are a data and results-driven B2B professional who may be coming from the agency, media or software worlds, you have experience developing marketing plans, strategies and tactics that support sales teams and build the top of the pipeline, and you’re excited at the idea of playing a critical lead role in leading and evolving our marketing practice into one that ultimately drives revenue growth. You’ll also be the voice of our internal communications and a champion in fostering a transparent, positive and collaborative culture. This is a great opportunity role for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who can think strategically and creatively, and who wants to be part of shaping the next chapter of our business future.
PS – you get to watch movies at Cineplex for free :)
This position will be based out of our Toronto office and will include some travel between our other offices in Waterloo and London, Ontario, as well as for tradeshows and other events.
- Responsible for developing and executing a modern, integrated, audience-centric marketing strategy and calendar that drives reputation, demand creation and sales enablement across all paid, earned, shared and owned channels; establish marketing program measurement methodology, set goals, and analyze results in terms of ROI and other success criteria.
- Develop deep understanding of the buying audiences by directing and conducting research and gathering insights about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process.
- Define the end-to-end marketing lead management process, including lead capture, nurturing and lead acceptance/rejection; forecast, measure and report on the impact of demand creation activities on marketing pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length.
- Lead event and tradeshow strategy, planning and execution focusing on lead generation, product education and brand awareness, and track the impact on business objectives.
- Generate brand awareness, discoverability, inbound and MQL leads by applying digital marketing expertise in areas including:
- Be the product owner to oversee, manage, and continually optimize a buyer-centric website and landing pages
- Drive development of a content marketing plan that fuels and nurtures demand
- Lead social media, SEO, paid media and SEM efforts and associated performance metrics
- Implement a test-and-learn framework, including A/B and multivariate testing
- Create digital bridges to offline events to create a seamless prospect journey and support efficient lead capture
- Track and analyze digital metrics that matter to optimize our marketing spends and client experiences
- Manage the onboarding and implementation of a marketing automation platform and associated email campaigns, including playbook development, governance and continual analysis.
- Collaborate with the head of Product Management to drive the go-to-market success of our platform and product portfolio, including the buyer value propositions, competitive positioning, and creation and socialization of marketing and sales enablement plans.
- Manage our brand strategy to differentiate us and build our brand influence in the market.
- Manage external agency partner relationships.
- Be focused and creative to build scalable processes and automation to drive marketing efficiencies.
- Support development of market intelligence to build knowledge internally and with our clients, and to support business strategy
- A strong understanding of the retail, media and marketing landscape
- 7 or more years of B2B demand creation experience
- 5 or more years of digital marketing experience, including web content management, content marketing, social media, SEO/SEM, and analytics tools
- Strong experience with marketing analytics, reporting tools, and turning data into actionable insights
- Hands-on experience creating and managing budgets, working with business models, and understanding P&L activities
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation platforms
- Experience developing sales enablement collateral and managing events, conferences, tradeshows
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder groups and multiple projects
- Previous experience with test-and-learn approaches
- Selection and management of third-party vendors and agencies
- Knowledge of digital signage is an asset
- Prior experience in software is an asset
- Data and digitally savvy
- Left and right brained – big picture and creative thinker, analytical and process-driven, strategic but still rolls up sleeves
- Strong listener, relationship-builder, collaborator and empathetic to those around them
- Strong project manager, ability to prioritize competing initiatives, and courageous enough to say no
- Equally productive working independently and as part of a team
- Confident presenter who can influence their audience
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo and challenge conventional wisdom
- Proactive, motivated and resourceful
- Exceptionally organized
- Ability to draw insights from market research
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please